Anyone know any Mopar loving Hamby's

-

Hambone12

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here and looking to get my first A body in the next few weeks. My Grandpa was Ron Hamby out of Wilkes County and he was a very accomplished slant 6 racer. I was wondering if anyone on here knew him, raced him, or maybe had any pictures of him or his cars. He drove a yellow 66 dart /6 drag car and had a few other slant 6 cars he played around with also.

This is what google gave me..

2001 SLANT - SIX RACING SCHEDULE

1718384607992.png

I hear of him talked about on the /6 site often, never met him though

We have a large Dealership about 50 or so miles south in Perry run by a Hamby family. Hamby Automotive Network.

I raced with/against Ron many times in the slant six series. Super nice guy. I don't remember, but we might have met at his funeral service.
If you were there then we must have met. It was a pleasure man, I know he loved the heck out of his slant 6 family. You fellas really were family, I never heard a bad thing said about anyone from yall's group, I think the only bad thing he ever said was about head gaskets lol. I can't describe how happy it makes me to find this website and the slant 6 website, I had no clue how much was on here. I sincerely appreciate you and @Hyper_pak for sharing some info and pictures with me. If everything goes well then I should be getting an old scamp with a 225 and I can't wait to carry on a little family history, I won't be running 11's though lol.

I hope you can join the series. We need to get some new blood. Most of us are ageing and slowing up. Myself included. I just can't make as many races as I used to.

-
Back