Anyone know of a source for 'Rubber Sheet'?

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Looking to get some rubber sheeting, just rubber...flat...in a sheet form i can cut and use for my fan shroud. to allow air to pass through it at highway speeds and shut while going slow to let the fan do its work. Needs to be fairly thin, 1/8" or so..Anyone have recommendations? I dont need a whole lot. Just maybe a square foot, maybe a tad more...

Thanks! :thumbup: :wav:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
Looking to get some rubber sheeting, just rubber...flat...in a sheet form i can cut and use for my fan shroud. to allow air to pass through it at highway speeds and shut while going slow to let the fan do its work. Needs to be fairly thin, 1/8" or so..Anyone have recommendations? I dont need a whole lot. Just maybe a square foot, maybe a tad more...

Thanks! :thumbup: :wav:
McMaster-Carr carries all types of rubber sheeting. I just looked in a catalog, there is too much to choose from to list. You can check it out at: www.mcmaster.com

I am with the rubber roofing also.It is just what you are looking for.Check with some large local roofing companies and they probably will give you a piece of it for free.

Bobby

A good source is an industrial supply house. I have purchased it before.

They use it for conveyor belting.

Just an idea, ROB

340GTSDart said:
McMaster-Carr carries all types of rubber sheeting. I just looked in a catalog, there is too much to choose from to list. You can check it out at: www.mcmaster.com

Wow, if this were MY thread that would be the perfect link to precisely what i was looking for.

Good find 340GTS :wav:

Just go to the local junkyard (or whatever PC term you are comfortable with) and pinch what you need from a European import. Volkswagens have some really cool fan shroud flaps that are large enough to be modified for what you need.

Revhendo

-
Back