Anyone know the chamber size of these heads

-

2021FLTRK

Reaction score
I know these are nothing special. Both are 4071051 casting numbers. Both say P3 on the top. Both have a 9 and the same dial casting mark. This is every casting mark we can find.

I know these are nothing special. Just wondering about chamber size. Multiple searches on multiple sites did not return any results other than the same lixst of casting numbers on every site. Also seems like there were two versions of that head with different valve sizes. But I see no date code anywhere.

20240719_181442.jpg

20240720_104611.jpg

20240720_104619.jpg

20240720_104843.jpg

The part number is too new for my books that stop at 1974.

That’s a 77-79 360 head,,,,according to the chart they have between 66-72.5 CCs from the factory .
They will usually be at the upper end of the range .

Tommy

I’ve only ever measured one set of those, which happened over 20 years ago.
I was surprised how big they were…….71-72cc.
I remember the quench area seemed a bit deeper than usual.

Those are a very sought after Head for stock eliminator actually!

I have never seen a set without 1.88 Valves myself?

God forbid you post a picture of the chamber. We can't measure it over the internet of course, but it'd be nice to see what we're discussing here.

Every site I found also lists that same casting number for 81-83 318s.

I’m sure you’re right,,,,Mopar used these on several applications through the years.
I also read that they were used on 1980 360s also .

This information came from a manual ,,,,not the internet .

Tommy

Only way to know is to measure them. There is plenty of "how to's" on the www, and yewtoobe, to do that.

Only way to know is to measure them. There is plenty of "how to's" on the www, and yewtoobe, to do that.

True. But I figured some people here would at least have an idea what they have seen. And from the answers here, and other info I found, chances are they are around 71 or 72 cc. I know it's not overly difficult, but I also know that if I am off a few ccs, it is not going to change anything I am planning.

-
Back