Anyone looking for certain rust free SoCal cars?

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Since I live here I see alot of cars for sale. I see darts, dusters, ramblers, falcons, novas ETC. Alot of six cyl. or small V8 stuff. Most of them run. I just wonder if people are looking for rust free cars that are drivers or close to it for a reasonable amount of money. I would obviously like to make something for finding cars or sell them for a small profit (I am definately not greedy) It would just help pay bills or get my B'Cuda back on the road. I just am not in contact with people back east where the rust never sleeps. If anyone has an interest my E-Mail is [email protected] Thanks, Kevin

Best of luck with this.

I had a car not long ago that I wanted under $800 for that was rust free runner. Guys back east said, easy 3-4K car, and NOBODY wanted to buy it because of the $1000-1200 shipping. Go figure. My math skills might be messed up, but, even I can do that addition, subtraction problem.

I even had a guy that would give people a great deal hauling as well.

Good luck, this is a great idea you've got, lots of us wish we could get our hands on these cars but its tough when your miles away unless done through a dealer that snaps them up and makes big $$ on them.:thumbup:

Good afternoon. I live in Miami and it is difficult to locate straight, rust free cars here. Of the three valiants that I have, the closet buy was in Daytona Beach. The other two came from New Jersey and Connecticut. I towed those cars home on a dolly. Fortunately, I drove the the one you see in my member profile home from Daytona. Anyway, I would be interested in developing some type of deal to get some decent cars to South Florida. Contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]. Also, to crackedback, what kind of values was the hauling guy giving? Thanks guys!

is their a local California Buy and sell or something that you could refer our way.

besides Craigslist, and Auto trader

I live in So-Cal.

Absolutely,anytime you see a car,private message me with pics and details.
A-Bodys,Mopar's,Nova's,Camaros,Mustangs,etc. Any vintage muscle.

John

Ok Folks I will keep the emails and contact the ones that asked ( velvet64, Johnny Dart). I mostly see this stuff on craigs list or the auto trader or local white sheet. Kimmer I have not seen 72 demon lately but have seen them, I will keep my eyes open. I had one 7 years ago in nevada. bought it for $600 it was a 318 3spd on the floor export car. traded it for engine work. As an example there is a 77 T/A thats actually pretty clean (some bondo over drivers rear tire) asking $3,850

Velvet64 I will contact you soon. Kimmer I will keep my eyes open for 72 demon, I had one with 318, 3 on floor export car. Mrtires24 those are the basic mags i look in that and the local white sheet. Johhny Dart I will keep my eyes open but you probably see what i do as far as magazines. Thanks for the response folks. Kevin

I'm always on the look out for a super clean rust free 68 dart.

No Problem. I want to see people have the opportunity to get something that will put a smile on their face and not break their bank.

for over 25 years actually.i would rather have a road runner,but have no problem cloning one.Its gonna be the car i keep forever,so it doesnt matter if its real or not,i wont be selling it.I would like a complete body,engine/tranny not necessary.Also,im not looking to pay 3-or 4 k for a roller,unless it is a roadrunner.Im looking to spend around 1500.00-2000.00 depending on how complete it is

Just a suggest for you to help some of the guys on the east wanting a rust free car. If you have say a Dodge (of course) but any diesel, you can pull multiply cars at once. Believe me I know a Snap On dealer in WV that drive a 2wd Dodge diesel with a 50' long Snap On trailer. So haul multiply cars, cut down on shipping costs for your customers, and everyone happy! Just a suggestion, would be nice to see it happen though

Kevin: I'm looking for a 64 or 65 Belvedere or Savoy 2 dr post car or a 65 dodge coronet 2 dr post car if you run onto one. Don't need an engine or tranny. Just a good body and running gear. Let me know
Bill @417-293-0116 cell days
West Plains, Mo. 65775

1st Tobysoldblue, I will keep my eyes open, Clonable roadrunner types are usually a little high but you never know. Bored & Stroked, My friend has a diesel cummins with a two car trailer and still complains about gas and wear and tear costs. I am hoping to get him interested. I still think it is possible to fly out and drive some of these cars home. Small Block Bill, I see these once in a while, they are mostly drivers so they want something for them, but again I will keep my eyes open. Folks what I seem to see the most of are 1974 on up darts, dusters, sport darts, or novas (gag) early falcons, even early/ late 80's caddy's olds etc. that are snow bird cars (people come into palm springs in the winter months drive these cars and then leave with them sitting in garages. then sell them at good prices) things like that. Are there any interest in those? Are there any left that are not rusted? How about old trucks, say 60's 70's 80's pickup's? I see a number of those at what I believe are very fair prices. There is locally a 76 chevy 4WD camper special 400 small block runs good supposedly, faded paint for $1500 obo. I know it's not a Mopar but is this something that is desirable back there? I just don't know. Old Dodge trucks? Please let me know, Thanks, Kevin

Dave, I can hook you up with a very rust free 68 Dart although its a 4-dr model. It's currently over at redfastback's shop. Sorry for the hi-jack Kevin.

Sorry ben gotta have a 2dr. thanks though

I want an affordable 72,3 or 4 barracuda or cuda no drive train ok no interior ok but need a solid body no more than 1/4 replacement

the wife would like to have another 68 GTX, I doubt I will be able to afford that but a sport satilite or just a plain satilite would do for me, clone to a GTX.

depending on cost & condition if I would do it

Daredevil, Keeping my eyes open. Tough one though, they usually want good money. Wildcat, Same thing. A little easier to locate. Kevin

I am looking for a 70 or 71 Duster or Demon with straight,rust free factory 1/4's. A /6 car preferred, it doesn't have to run or even have an engine. I just want it to donate the full, factory 1/4's. I'd pay up to $2500 for it right now, figuring $1200 or so for delivery.

Hey Kevin, I think you should try and tell people what you are trying to do on craigslist, or Kijiji. I live in Vancouver BC...30 mins from the USA border...and I bought a solid 1970 duster down in Washington with tons of parts for $1500. it does have minimal rust bubles on the lower 1/4. But to me..this is rust free compared to just a short drive North. You can take a look at it under members restorations 1970 duster 440... the yellow one.

the reason I am saying to tell people through craigslist is because The Canadian dollar is strong right now. and alot of canadians think that the realty market in the southern US is dropping fast...therefor...people would sell of their toys befor they loose their house. all the cars that you have mentioned would be wanted by someone. even those old toyota 4x4 PU. EVERYTHING IS RUSTED OUT IN CANADA...east to west...because of all the salt. I have allways thought that their were some reasonable prices down their, but didn't want to buy a car sight unseen. now if I get some cash, I know who to contact.

their is an *** for every seat...I mean someone has to like the ovals, and bows...right?

Post all the dodge stuff here only though ;)

Phil

It would also be nice if you could, somehow, make up a typ of guarontee. or a writen checklist/report card that you can tell a potential buyer about the car. One persons dent is another persons Ding. And I think we have all seen the cars that "need work" but turn out to be fine...or vise versa. if you have a check list or a report card for the car of interest, the buyer would know what he is gettine into, and it will guarontee the car so that if a buyer gets a car through you and says..."hey you said this was rust free..it has some bubbles here and their" you can look at your copie of the report of the car and prove him wrong, and that you did mention it...just look at the report.

Phil

-
Back