Anyone make a true five quart small block oil pan?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Mopar performance parts used to advertise a "five" quart (center sump) oil pan (P5249061), but recently i come up with a blank on finding it, probably discontinued. Regardless, I suspect it was just a four quart plus one quart filter stock type pan. I really would like to install a real five quart pan (plus one in the filter = six). Actually, I would like a six quart pan but there are too many speed bumps around here. Thank you.

Stock pan with a bondage tray will let you run a little extra oil with no problem. Especially if you don't want a deep pan. In not aware of any true 5 at pans

Stock pan with a bondage tray will let you run a little extra oil with no problem. Especially if you don't want a deep pan. In not aware of any true 5 at pans

Well, auto correct strikes again. Now we know what you're into when you're not working on Mopars

I know this is gonna sound rude, but
1.03 bars and HD shocks and a little skid plate solved my speed bump problems. And my Milodon 7qt hangs about an inch below the K, and about 5 inches to the pavement.

Thank you. Now we just need to find out someone who has installed one of the M301 oil pans and pickups on an A Body or B Body and see how they fit and if they really hold six quarts plus filter or six quarts including filter. I will probably try calling Kevco later.

Nothing rude about suggesting a skid plate, I was just pondering that idea myself a couple of minutes ago. Purchased the 1.03 torsion bars awhile back, but they are still waiting for me under the sofa for installation. I have two 65 A bodies and one 72 B body that all could use a larger capacity oil pans.

Just looked at Kevco website. Didn't realize they were producing so many pans for mopars. I ran one on a Chevy powered IMCA Modified for awhile. Quality and price were good, but full size starter was all but impossible to install. That was a 9at pan though

I hold about 7 quarts with my remote dual filters running into an oil cooler. Stock pan with windage tray.

:poke:

Thank you. Now we just need to find out someone who has installed one of the M301 oil pans and pickups on an A Body or B Body and see how they fit and if they really hold six quarts plus filter or six quarts including filter. I will probably try calling Kevco later.

i betcha mike @MRL Performance could answer that question, hes a big fan of kevco pans

I see a company called Stef's makes a pan that shows it holds 6 quarts which includes oil in the filter, so probably more like 5 quarts in the pan.

SB CHRYSLER - Drag Pans
Part
Number
Application Capacity
w/Filter
Available
Options

1071 318 and 340 6 qts Center Sump depth 9 1/2” Not Applicable
1072 360 6 qts Center Sump depth 9 1/2” Not Applicable

I was just reading some reviews about the quality of the Kevco welding from some years back, many complaints of welding slag and slop, ugly presentation from outside of pan, but functional. I wonder if the quality of the welds have improved any over the years?

Mine looks serious. The welds are not show quality but they have a lot going for them.

Here is as good as I have got photo wise:

408Side.JPG

Last edited:
In the absence of a true dry sump, which is top tits, I'd run an accumulator with the pre lube solenoid and learn to live with my smaller pan.

Kevko....
Some of the best money I've spent on my car!

Hedman's and a mini starter here, but zero issues.

Used to run the M301 and it's 5 quarts in the pan plus another for filter. The welds have not improved. They are ugly but functional. I now run their rear sump truck pan which is the same capacity, but better with the rear sump. The gates and scraper are good in the M301 though.

I'm looking at that rear sump pan right now too. Did you buy the plate pick up that bolts to the pump?

I'm looking at that rear sump pan right now too. Did you buy the plate pick up that bolts to the pump?

It comes with the pickup kit Kevko sells. I don't know your setup but you can't run that pan with factory suspension on an A body. I'm running an HDK coilover setup.

I'm looking at it to replace the stock rear sump pan in my 4wd truck.

I run a Kevco M302 on my 5.9 magnum. 5 quarts fits great with factory k frame. No complaints from me. Great pan for the money

Does the rear sump Kevco have the crank scraper and gating that the other Kevcos have?

I was just reading some reviews about the quality of the Kevco welding from some years back, many complaints of welding slag and slop, ugly presentation from outside of pan, but functional. I wonder if the quality of the welds have improved any over the years?
Not the prettiest, I've seen worse....

IMG_3257.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

-
Back