Anyone near Greeneville, TN for a scouting report?

-

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

Still looking to feed my early A addiction (in withdrawal since I stupidly sold my '64 Dart GT). I'm hoping someone here might be able to scout for me in the Tri-cities area of Tennessee.

There's a sweet-looking '65 four door that looks like an amazing survivor. The guy says never any bondo/body work done. Little old lady previous owner story. This city is north of Asheville (56 miles) and east of Knoxville (70 miles) and just south of I-81.

Here's the ad:

http://tricities.en.craigslist.org/cto/3792069962.html

If it's as clean as he says, I'ma jumping all over this!

Thanks for any help (on sight or by memory)!

64drtGT lives in or near Greeneville,TN. I just bought some parts from him. Nice guy, and honest as can be. Maybe he will see this and go look at it for you.

Greetings!

If you can do a run by on that Dart with some magnets and a camera phone, I'd be willing to pay you for your time!

PM me if interested.

thanks,
Brian

Mebbe we can set something up. Am looking at a '63 Dart in Michigan, but I don't think it's as clean.

Hey,
I looked at this car today and all I can tell you is that it is NOT as nice as the pictures are.... It is pretty rusty. The car has had a repaint and is full of bondo in the lower quarters and rockers and has bubbles down low and in the top of the passenger fender. The drivers side rear door also has some rust in the door jamb. There is rust in flat part of the trunk extensions in the trunk as well. The worst part is that on the passengers side, the frame rail holding the rear end of that spring is rusted bad.

The car is definitely a photo queen and a 30 footer. I think the car is worth about $800 -$1000. Definielty not a survivor! The guy who owns this car is a nice guy, but definitley not a car guy. He did not even know how to open the hood of the car. I really think he thinks it is a solid Survivor!

Hope this helps.....

Jamie aka Haney

-
Back