Anyone near Mt. Orab, Ohio???

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
If you are, please add a quick response to this thread so everyone knows and then call me (or pass along your number in a P.M. and I'll call you).

Since I've lost out on a couple earlier attempts, I'm really not comfortable releasing any details right now. I can assure you though it will be well worth your time if you can help me out. A truck / trailer and available time for a short road trip would make you the perfect candidate and be ideal, but just having a body there would be fantastic too to get my plan accomplished. I just need to work out the details as soon as possible.

I'll keep this thread updated as I can so as not to waste anyone's time. Thanks for reading this, and in advance for any help or FABO referrals you may be able to provide. I don't really want to explore any possibilities beyond FABO members because ya'll know me and I know most of you. :-D

I live down 32 near Batavia. I am out of town for a few weeks but I have an A-body and would have no problem getting a truck and a trailer.

After getting some more information, I've learned a trailer will not be necessary as the thing I'm interested in will fit in a longbed pickup and will be wrapped, palleted or on a skid. The seller has a skidsteer so it can be easily loaded.

It's 409 miles away from me. U-ship's site isn't much help in getting bids on transport despite what their Shipping Wars show may lead us all to believe.

I was happy to talk with 19 Again.. this afternoon who gave me a few ideas but I have yet to make any formal arrangements for its transport. The seller is willing to hold it for me until I can get everything squared away. Besides 19 Again..'s P.M., I've got only one other P.M. response, a referral to another FABO member from Ohio who's online right now but hasn't posted on the thread.

Thanks for keeping this on the front page guys!

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I own a house there.
I live very close and grew up there. Thats where my Dart spends its winters.
right in the middle of town too.
What's up?

Thanks Chris! I won't bug you over the MMW but we can talk next week. Have a WONDERFUL time! I wish I was up there too.

I Know, I Know, it's a really really cheep 426 HEMI for the Cuda!!!

Hope it all works out!!

How cow, I wish! If that were the case I'd have already been there to fetch it and this thread would be about showing it off instead. :-D It's just a couple pieces of shop equipment, but having them here would make me almost as happy as a cheap 426.

I appreciate the bump! Hey, it just occurred to me that if anyone's coming back from the MMW in the direction of northwest Tennessee with some extra room, that would be prime.

Leanna, let me know if you run into problems with the shipping issues.. I can try to smooth some of the ripples out..

but just having a body there would be fantastic too to get my plan accomplished.. :-D

I would gladly volunteer my body for anything you needed.... \\:D/

Gigity, gigity.... \\:D/

No, but if I was closer, I would help you... :D

That's good to know Karl. That info might come in handy someday. ;-) Thanks as always bud -- love ya muahhhhh

Okayyyyyyy, it looks so far like Dubob and I have worked out a deal to get my equipment here!!! :-D Thanks to everyone who responded and offered to help out ... I truly appreciate it.

I'll show off the new score as soon as I can. :-D Thanks again FABO!!!!

Stay tuned for pics! It's on the way and should be here this evening. I've been blowing kisses at Dubob all day even if he doesn't know it. :-D

Here it is!!! I'll get it cleaned up and more presentable for its photo shoot later :-D but wanted to share the news! It was quite the adventure getting it out of the truck but it's now at home in its designated spot in the shop.

View attachment 063 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 061 - Copy.jpg

There's also a media reclaimer / dust collector not pictured.

All in all, it was a TOTAL SCORE and I couldn't be happier with how it all worked out.

Thanks again to Dubob and his amazing dad Rick for all their help!!

And here I thought you scored a booth big enough to do a pick up frame (we'll talk about that when I see you in a couple a-three weeks).

So, you gonna turn that into an apartment for rent in the shop to make some income on the side?

-
Back