Anyone rebuild 1BBL carbs?

-
I've got a good running one you can have for the postage. Rebuilt it about 6 months ago, then went to a Super Six. Nothing exotic, but you can't beat the price...

get a napa rebuilt kit for like 40 bucks. take pictures if you have to. undo the 4 screws on the float bowl. unscrew the needle and seat assembly. undo the c clip and remove the float. undo the 6 or so screws on the plate.

now clean the crap out of everything and assemble with the new parts... if your up for it adjust the low speed air bleed (valve cover side) to a .035 drill bit, if its to big solder it and drill, if smaller or covered in lead open to that size...

I got my rebuilt kit from Napa and found a YouTube video of some guys rebuilding the same 1920 and it worked out great.

While you have it apart, blow out all the passages and run thin wires thru where you can. The metering block is sealed, so air is about all you have to use. Blow in reverse direction from the normal flow. My Holley 1920's ran terribly until the last one, despite my attempts at rebuild, but I didn't have an air compressor then and just followed the instructions in the kit. I never saw any dirt or debris in the carbs, yet they all idled lean until the last one.

While you have it apart, blow out all the passages and run thin wires thru where you can. The metering block is sealed, so air is about all you have to use. Blow in reverse direction from the normal flow. My Holley 1920's ran terribly until the last one, despite my attempts at rebuild, but I didn't have an air compressor then and just followed the instructions in the kit. I never saw any dirt or debris in the carbs, yet they all idled lean until the last one.

has alot to do with the air bleed. they seem to like a .035" hole in the low speed bleed

-
Back