Anyone recognize this tire tread?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here knows what tires these are? Thanks in advance guys:

Attachments

• morrison tire.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 260
As soon as I seen this tire track I thought to myself :blob: Man!! That looks like my tire tread and went out and took a picture while I was enjoying my :coffee2:

Hope this helps, can I ask why you ask ?
The ground must be hard there or that was a very light car

We had a good rain shower a couple days ago .. and hot, to hot to wash my car that stays stile as I stay home...

Attachments

• APA 7 2011 032.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 273
  • APA 7 2011 033.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 268
You can defanitly rule these out

Attachments

• APA 7 2011 030.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 271
  • APA 7 2011 031.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 263
  • APA 7 2011 034.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 279
yes you can..and your a little low there on the front mike

yes you can..and your a little low there on the front mike
You could be right JRDAART, My wife's car is heavy and is a 6 passenger car, keeping the fronts a bit low takes care of the front stuts and suspension on these gravel roads and BAD paved roads here in Arkansas
I will put a gage on them when she returns from work this evening.
Victoria has me spoilt to a smooth soft ride and easy to see out of her, I don't like driving tha Pacifica becouse of that..

It is for a larceny complaint I am working on. And I could not figure out which tire it was, I figured nobody better to ask than a bunch of car guys. I used to have a 73 Dodge Coronet with this exact pattern, I just can't remember the brand. I have doing some research and I think it might be a Sumitomo Cyclone, Radial G/T. That was not the brand I had, but can't find anything else:

Attachments

• su_cyclone_radial_gt_l.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 233
From what I see in the ground (tire print) The Cyclone has a much wider outside lines between each other then the one I see in the tire print picture Jr.
The Laramie performers are still on the market for sale, Looks like a front left side tire print because of the outside wear I can see on the print laid down by the tire.
do you have the width measurements of the tire print ?
I am in no way an expert and the out side track marks look very close together like my tire verses the Cyclone look farther apart pattern sir.

I bet the FBI has a thick file on tread styles. But we are faster.

I bet the FBI has a thick file on tread styles. But we are faster.

If you have dealt with anyone from the FBI, you know this to be true. They are very busy and usually need a connection to get some assistance. I would have to ask one of our investigators, he just finished the FBI academy, maybe he will have a connection.

From what I see in the ground (tire print) The Cyclone has a much wider outside lines between each other then the one I see in the tire print picture Jr.
The Laramie performers are still on the market for sale, Looks like a front left side tire print because of the outside wear I can see on the print laid down by the tire.
do you have the width measurements of the tire print ?
I am in no way an expert and the out side track marks look very close together like my tire verses the Cyclone look farther apart pattern sir.

It is actually a front right tire print. Good eye for attention to detail, most would not pick up on that wear pattern. I know there is an older tire with that exact pattern, I just can't find it.

See what you think about this one. I believe it is very close, if not it.

Attachments

• tiger-paw-gts.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 189
looks like a light-truck; Firestone transforce (the highway version not the A/T)or possibly the BFG Commercial T/A; not completely sure but they do look familiar.

What about Yokohama 352, in the old 'A' pattern tread?????

Thanks everyone for your help so far, that uniroyal looks damn close.

looks like a light-truck; Firestone transforce (the highway version not the A/T)or possibly the BFG Commercial T/A; not completely sure but they do look familiar.

It is hard to tell, but in the person, the triangle type lines are very straight, so it is neither of them, but definitely appreciate the thought.

What about Yokohama 352, in the old 'A' pattern tread?????
That is also close, but not quite exact.

I would like to thank StrokerScamp, after his post I looked up uniroyal, and found this tire below. It is the one I used to have and was exactly what I was looking for. It is a Uniroyal Laredo:

Attachments

• laredo_hd.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 87
Fairly common tread I do believe. You've got your work cut out for on this one. LOL

Are you able to disclose the nature of this larceny complaint or is that hush hush?? No suspect details just curious as to what wrongdoings have befallen you.

Someone ripped the change machine out of the wall of a carwash... doesn't really seem worth their effort, does it?

well from the looks of that track they needed the change to buy a new tire lmao.

Someone ripped the change machine out of the wall of a carwash... doesn't really seem worth their effort, does it?
I think well worth there efforts, he/she will strike again and could be worse.
I have a plastic gas can outside with 2 gallons of water and 1/2 a gallon of gas for the little pricks that think it's ok to steal gas here on the hill when I am gone for the week end.
I love catching a thief, I am the watchmen for many families close by.
My last victim was a easy catch, his mismatch truck Blue bed gray cap chevy threw an old couch and very small fridge out on the side of the road about a half mile from my home this spring, he did not see me walking buddy at the bottom of the gravel one lane road.
These hills have eye's :hello2:

Get the dirtbag. If he's done this, he's done more and if he gets away with it, he might start breaking and entering, stealing batteries out of trucks, etc.

Thanks for what you do.

-
Back