Anyone remember Brandeberry Chrysler-Plymouth?

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the dealership Brandeberry Chrysler-Plymouth, INC. in Urbana, OH? I've been trying to find more information on the place with no luck. My '74 Scamp was sold new here 9/12/'74.

Thanks for any info.

No, I don't. I'm not from that area.

I can say this:

Are you sure that they are still in business?

The local dealers around here that my dad used to buy most of his Mopars from are long gone (both the Dodge and Plymouth dealers). They've been gone so long, that the buildings have been removed and all that is left is an empty lot.

But the guy back in the town where dad went to college is still going...

Good Luck. I hope yours is still open and you can find some info.

Keagan,
when we get to Monster Mopar in June I can turn you on to a guy who will know. He will be at the Indy show at the end of the month, but hard to say when. He seems to know about all of the dealerships on the western side of Ohio.
I don't what all he can tell you, other than where they were and who owned what and bought what out. I doubt any records exist. New car sales records only got a 3 to 7 year life before they were destroyed. Usually depended on the warranty and/or service contract that the car came with. Didn't have computers back then, every thing was on paper and that took space, which was a premium.

Does anyone remember the dealership Brandeberry Chrysler-Plymouth, INC. in Urbana, OH? I've been trying to find more information on the place with no luck. My '74 Scamp was sold new here 9/12/'74.

Thanks for any info.

A lot of dealers went out when chry co reorganized in the late 70s

Karl- No they are closed down, thats why I wondered if anyone remembers the place.

Chris- Thanks a bunch! The paper I found in my glove box has their name, location and phone number. I also have the cars original owners name.

I'd say it's...............

Attachments

• nothere.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 102
  • maybe1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 112
  • maybe2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 118
The dealer that my dad bought his 67 fastback 383-S 4 speed from was an a-hole. My dad ran out of gas two blocks from the dealer after BUYING the car. And argued with the owner's son for a HALF HOUR to give him ONE GALLON of gas so he could get to the gas station and fill up himself.

They wouldn't even give him one gallon of gas. My dad left after seeing a few people walk out when they figured out what they were arguing over. So my dad left and got his own gas.

That dealer is no longer in business. For good reason....

I wouldn't want to mention any names...

... but it rhymes with "Oak Lawn Chrysler Plymouth"....

If the PO was from the area I might be able
to help.
thanks to bad i'm not. The car was purchased in OH then ended up in KY where I got it and brought it to IN.

The dealer that my dad bought his 67 fastback 383-S 4 speed from was an a-hole. My dad ran out of gas two blocks from the dealer after BUYING the car. And argued with the owner's son for a HALF HOUR to give him ONE GALLON of gas so he could get to the gas station and fill up himself.

They wouldn't even give him one gallon of gas. My dad left after seeing a few people walk out when they figured out what they were arguing over. So my dad left and got his own gas.

That dealer is no longer in business. For good reason....

I wouldn't want to mention any names...

... but it rhymes with "Oak Lawn Chrysler Plymouth"....
That's funny!
Even back then Chrysler reimbursed for 10-15 gal of gas. you submitted the claim after the car was sold with the new car prep.
A dealer was keeping gas money. Who knows what else he was fudging on.

-
Back