anyone ride motorcycles?

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
hey guys. just thought some of us may have some other common interists. my other passion is motorcycles. i eventually got into racing motocross which was when i started neglecting to spend money on my barracuda. but now since ive gotten my scamp i am getting back into my cars. its tough having two hobbies which consume so much money. most of the riding i do now is to save on gas money. well here are some of my toys.

636.JPG

13532.JPG

I have a wide glide with apes anda 73 sportster i,m restomodding. Mopars and Harleys,god i,m spoiled.

Nice bikes!
I bought a red and black Ninja 900 in 1985 that I modified a bit. I rode it for many years, but living in Northern California is a death wish for motorcycle riders, especially if you ride in traffic alot. So after a bunch of close calls from people turning first and looking second and two spills that I was lucky enough to walk away from, I decided it was time to sell it.
There alot of fun though.

some old ***** pulled out in front of me last oct. so the bike is no more and i neglected my dart for 5 yrs while i had motorcycles it is very tough having so many hobbies

I am more into the classic look. I just bought a 01 V-Star, well me and my son. He wanted to learn. so when he is done with it I will start saving my gas money by riding it to work (70 miles one way)

Hey slantscamp, I m into motocross and oh boy does it keep me away from the 340 project. I used to race but not anymore. My nephew is one of the top riders from our state of MD and is workin on a AMA Pro card for the 08 season, I run a web site www.marylandmotocross.com where I do a ton of photography and web work. I found some extra time last weekend to make the Englishtown Mopar show, I will be posting pics from that event soon.. My brother Duff and I are gettin closer and closer on gettin our 71 340 plym. Duster project on the road and I cain't wait, might have to slow down on the MX events?? Naaaa..

Creed coming in to get the flag. Yep he enjoyed it and know I have roll bars
around his but instead of between his legs.

Photo0141resized2.jpg

247c11.jpg

I used to ride dirt bikes alot. I just like to cruise these days. Attached is a shot of my boy on my 03, XL1200C.
(2003 Harley Davidson Sportster Custom. 1200 cc engine. Engine upgrades are V&H pipes and Screamin Eagle air cleaner and ignition. It comes loaded with chrome. I added the road lamps and a tach. Swapped out light bezels and made the yellow/orange turn signals red signal/brake lights. Also a sissy bar running brake light in LED. And lugage rack.)

At the end of April I road with a bunch of freinds from LINY to Newnan Ga. 2 days down, 2 days up. Did the Dragons tail from Tn into NC. (A wicked 11 mile run with 318 turns cut into a mountain. Screw up and it's ethier a solid rock wall or fall off the mountain. I also got the touring seat with back rest for that ride. That was worth triple the seat price.)

These days, if you catch me @ 80 mph, I'm in a made rush to get some where. Otherwise, it's preety much kiss my back end, I'll get there when I get there and not a second sooner.

101_0393.JPG

Kawasaki ZR-7 here.

Europeans call it a 'muscle bike' because it looks like a muscle car.

But if I had the money, I'd have a Sportster Custom.

Back when I was a teenager I owned and raced 2 stroke triple cylinder kawasakis both a 500 and a 750. Yes young uns this was before Kawasaki got into 4 strokes and my 750 triple with expansion joints and big assed carbs was pulling off 11.2 quarters, hell they'd do 12 seconds right out of the crate. They had a real freaky power ban to, they would pull real hard to about 6000 rpm then all hell would break loose and fly to 11,000 rpm. I actually meet my wife on my last Kawasaki, a 1980, KZ1300 liquid cooled 6 cylinder shaft drive cruiser. They only made the 1300/6 for 3 years. Oh yea I almost forgot, those triples tried killing me on more than one occasion, the front end liked to come up when all hell broke loose.

Terry

well i wasnt around for all the cool bikes. but my dad raised me around them. we actually have a 500 tripple in the garage waiting to be restored. nothin sounds like a tripple. i would also like to have an rd 350 some day.

slantscamp said:
well i wasnt around for all the cool bikes. but my dad raised me around them. we actually have a 500 tripple in the garage waiting to be restored. nothin sounds like a tripple. i would also like to have an rd 350 some day.

They used to call the 500 the Widowmaker, cuss the drum brakes front and back were loosey and the frame was so spindelly that it was very prone to high speed wooble, had a few of them myself that make the old butt pucker. At least the 750 had decent brakes and a beefyer frame but it was still freaky.

Terry

Terry, funny you should mention those old H1's and H2's. My uncle collects those. he owns a MC shop in WPB FL and has a mid 8 sec 750 triple. IMHO the old 500cc 2 stroke triple was WAY faster than my 750 zuk

I've had my fair share of bikes too.
86 EX250-R ninja
78 KZ650
84 GS750e
85 yamaha VMAX - 145HP STOCK - sold it to buy the duster :)

my share of road rash as well from now on I'll stick to the 4 wheeled variety of fun!!

I used to ride, Beena couple of years, kind of miss it. But I was always more for street bikes. My last one was a 81 kawasaki 650. I had it for 14 years and rode it about 22,000 miles. It had a bad started bendix, and me not knowing much about bikes, sold it about a year ago.

-
Back