Anyone running 315s on 18" wheels?

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
Is anyone running a 315 on an 18? If so what tire are you running?

I am trying to figure out what wheel & tire combo I use with space of a mini tub.

We would have no idea what would fit on your car. You will have to do your own measuring (always! the best answer)
We don't know how much you tubbed it, narrowed the rear or not, moved the springs, ladders and coilovers, you didn't even tell us what body style you're talking about.

Just for reference.... I am running a 315/65, but on a15x12 rim. And I have a full tub, a four link, and enough room for a 18x31 et street. (18" wide section not an 18" rim).

Thank you for the response. All valid points.

I should have been more clear. I am looking for recommendations on preferences of brands of tire in a 315.

For further clarification, I have a qa1 coil over system, USCT spring relocate brackets, and my Dana60 will be narrowed based on wheel choice.

The first couple local tire guys I looked towards for pricing didn't turn up many option for 315 wide tires.

Why 315’s? With a 3” relocation and a mini tub you can run 335’s if you want.

More importantly, what kind of driving will you be doing? As in, do you want street tires? Drag radials? Road race tires? Drag race only?

315 seemed like good compromise while holding a tape measure.

Street driving.
Something like the Toyo Proxes TQ?

315 seemed like good compromise while holding a tape measure.

Street driving.
Something like the Toyo Proxes TQ?

The Toyo Proxes TQ's are a drag radial, which isn't what I would use for street driving. Some people do though, just depends on how much/what kind of street driving you like to do.

BFG Rivals have a 335/30/18, which will fit with a mini-tub and are 26" tall. I run 295/40/18 Falken Azeni's which are a great street tire and are 27.3" tall, but their 315 size is a 315/30/18 which is only 25.5" tall so they're a little short for the rear tire. Depends on what you run on the front.

There are Nitto NT555 G2's in a 315/40/18, those are 27.9" tall. Might have to space the front hanger back a smidge to center the wheel in the opening depending on the front section length of your springs but width-wise they should fit fine.

Nitto NT555 could be a winner. I'll have to price them out.
Spacing shouldn't matter for hanger with QA1.
Front tires I was thinking 245/40R18

I'd just skip all those skinny tires and just go with 355/30/19's on the back. there is an Avon 375 that will fit Duster's

IMG_8571.jpg

IMG_8537.jpg

Pirelli P Zero. If you street drive you car get a tire with tread. Seems everyone on here thinks a race tire with a couple "tread grooves" is a good idea... until it rains or snows...

is a stock application so go from there, how much more tub ====> <====

-
Back