Anyone running a 26" radiator int a dart?

-

lee g

Reaction score
I am interested in putting a 26" Champion radiator in a 72 Dart Swinger and was wondering about the fit and if there has been any issues. I will have a 360 installed with factory A/C. Any feedback will be appreciated

In 73 the factory placed a 26 inch radiator with shroud, coolant resivoir, and a charcoal vapor canister against the inside of the core support. All they needed to do was widen the opening, move the 4 welded nuts and relocate the horn(s) under the battery tray.
The only other difference between my 73 and my 67 is the 73 has the lower hose on the right side. A diiferent water pump accomodates that but hides the timing scale.
This is all about stock radiators though. I dont know about aftermarket.

Factory 26" radiator, shroud & fan in a '75 Dart. The factory coolant bottle fits fine, but mine was cracked so I went with a Summit tank.

CoolantTank.jpg

I have been debating on this subject for a while. I have measured my 67 Dart and the 26" will fit fine. Only problem is I don't want to cut my core support in case I ever decided to go back to the 22" for some reason. I know my 2 row 22" radiator has a lot of space between the radiator cores and the support so I don't see why it wouldn't get plenty of air without all the cutting.

Hey superdart, what kind of temps do you run with that combo ( crusing and idling in traffic ) in the heat of the summer?

-
Back