Anyone running a Milodon #31580 in Their A Body?

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Was just wondering if any are using this pan in their cars:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MIL-31580/
If so were there any clearance or build issues?
I read this thread: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=151732&highlight=#31580
Where 2 people commented on the poor build quality of the pan needing holes redrilled to line up and the pick up tube having too many threads.
Has anyone purchased recently and not had these problems?
Any install tips or pics of clearance issues would be great
Thanks

I'm actually going to be using that pan on my '67 Dart/496. It's on the engine now, but I won't be dropping it in for a few more weeks. I'm running the single line external oil version, however. I don't see any major clearance issues, other than the drivers side motor mount perch, because of the external feed, but you shouldn't have that issue. The only other thing I did was took a small bit of material off of the lip of the K-member on the passenger side, after taking some measurements. It may well have fit with no problem, but it was easier to do it now just in case. I decided to keep and use my Proparts headers, after making some small improvements on them. They clear the pan just fine. I'll have more information if you need it, in a few weeks.

I've got a Hemi in a Dart project here. After doing some measuring I think the best option is to just build an oil pan that sits just above the K member with side wings on it. I don't really like either of those pans, especially the ones that hang below the K frame. Not for street use anyway.

I've got a Hemi in a Dart project here. After doing some measuring I think the best option is to just build an oil pan that sits just above the K member with side wings on it. I don't really like either of those pans, especially the ones that hang below the K frame. Not for street use anyway.

That pan is supposed to sit flush with the bottom of k frame and is not a deep sump speed bump catching pan

I'm actually going to be using that pan on my '67 Dart/496. It's on the engine now, but I won't be dropping it in for a few more weeks. I'm running the single line external oil version, however. I don't see any major clearance issues, other than the drivers side motor mount perch, because of the external feed, but you shouldn't have that issue. The only other thing I did was took a small bit of material off of the lip of the K-member on the passenger side, after taking some measurements. It may well have fit with no problem, but it was easier to do it now just in case. I decided to keep and use my Proparts headers, after making some small improvements on them. They clear the pan just fine. I'll have more information if you need it, in a few weeks.

Ok cool was not going to get one soon anyhow. Just planning future upgrade for the beast

-
Back