Anyone running a Paxton on a 340?

-
Crank is fine, did you use full groove main bearings? As this supplies full time oiling to the rod bearings.

A cam some overlap will be ok as it cools the combustion chamber.
I ran a MP .509 lift, 292 duration, 108 overlap cam in a Roots blown MP shortblock with Edelbrock heads. The cam was in there and I ran it. LOL

Im pretty sure I had 9.5to1 CR and I ran it on the street most of the time.
Always on pump gas and kept timing around 32 degrees.

A wide 114 LSA is great for a track car and some street use.
On the street a 112 LSA seems to work well.

Crank is fine, did you use full groove main bearings? As this supplies full time oiling to the rod bearings.

A cam some overlap will be ok as it cools the combustion chamber.
I ran a MP .509 lift, 292 duration, 108 overlap cam in a Roots blown MP shortblock with Edelbrock heads. The cam was in there and I ran it. LOL

Im pretty sure I had 9.5to1 CR and I ran it on the street most of the time.
Always on pump gas and kept timing around 32 degrees.

A wide 114 LSA is great for a track car and some street use.
On the street a 112 LSA seems to work well.

Yes on the full groove mains. Also Milodon 8 qt pan w HV oil pump. Im open on a cam that will work good in my combo. A cam swap is nothing if it will make my combo work. Will also use the methanol water injection if that will help.

Have you had any issues running your pressurized carb, Bill? (leakage etc.) I believe I heard Holley has specially made carbs for these applications. I used to hear stories about carb floats getting crushed from the boost.

I have TWO forced induction cars that I try to run and they have both been subjected to "blow thru" modifications tha included replacing the floats with "nitrophyl" (solid) floats that won't/can't collapse.

Other than adjusting the air/fuel ration to achieve a user-friendly 11.5:1 ratio under boost, and keeping plenty of fuel pressure to the car, I haven't had any issures, leakage or otherwise. The carbs are both 4150 Holley 750 double pumprers.

I cannot stress strongly enough, the critical importance of acquiring some sort of wideband A/F ratio meter to monitor the richness/leanness of the carb settings under boost.

The one I use is made by F.A.S.T. and is really easy to install and use

Those things are not cheap, but I simply cannot IMAGINE trying to do a forced-induction installation without one. I just couldn't do it... and if you miss on the "tuneup" on the lean side, you just bought a motor...

Just a word to the wise...

Yes on the full groove mains. Also Milodon 8 qt pan w HV oil pump. Im open on a cam that will work good in my combo. A cam swap is nothing if it will make my combo work. Will also use the methanol water injection if that will help.

Definitely use meth injection.

I have a 340 build im just starting with a paxton novi 2000. The car is a 70 original h code dart. . Motor is being assembled this week. Ill start posting as I go.

I have a 340 build im just starting with a paxton novi 2000. The car is a 70 original h code dart. . Motor is being assembled this week. Ill start posting as I go.

Don't forget the wideband O-2 meter; it will be invaluable in getting the mixture right... I can't stress that enough. Without it, you're putting your motor at risk.

Seriously....

I too have one of those Mr.Norm's Paxton setups that I want to use on a 340 sometime next year. I was considering using one of the efi units like the FAST EZ-EFI or Edelbrock or Holley offers instead of a carb, has anyone used one and how well did it work for them?

I too have one of those Mr.Norm's Paxton setups that I want to use on a 340 sometime next year. I was considering using one of the efi units like the FAST EZ-EFI or Edelbrock or Holley offers instead of a carb, has anyone used one and how well did it work for them?

i've been thinking looking into this the past few weeks and it seems the problem with efi and a blow through supper charger is finding one that works with boost. the new holley system can work but it will have to be updated to a different software and says it can only handle 600 hp witch i could see being attained pretty quickly.

-
Back