Anyone running a Stree/Strip 9 1/2 Dynamic converter

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Thinking of bitting the bullet and upping for a better converter than what i got. I know abodyjoe runs and loves his. Just wonderin if anyone else is? :thumblef:

Thanx

Your doing good at 5100 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!! That converter would help, I would put money on it!!!

halfaed said:
Your doing good at 5100 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!! That converter would help, I would put money on it!!!

haha, yea its doin alright. I wont be happy until i hit that 13sec point at this elevation. That would be pretty good for my d/d 318 powered, full weight barracuda in some thin air lol. I have some weakkkkk leaf springs and air shocks right now. I have some superstock springs and summit drag shocks on the way to help that out, and also the converter i will likely order monday. My 60ft didnt change one bit going from 28"tall 275/60 radials to 26x10 Mickey T SLICKS. So somewhere in the tuning and converter I'm not quite dialed in. So both are getting some attention :thumblef:

I have one in but haven't driven the car yet. After talking to them and four other converter 'pros', I have complete confidence in it for my set up. Will let you know though.

You been runnin' that thing at Bandimere? I didn't think Henderson NV was that high. I was thinking more like 2200' but even at that you are running great.

66dartman said:
You been runnin' that thing at Bandimere? I didn't think Henderson NV was that high. I was thinking more like 2200' but even at that you are running great.

Density Altitude my friend. Makes 2,100ft tracks have 5,100ft air (depending on the weather). :wack:

For your reading enjoyment lol
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/67678/

disregard the chevy link, info is good though. :thumblef:

You can see the first about 20ft or so it just leasurely walks off the line...then it gets goin. That converter swap should definately help, against a modded 340 challenger i think he had ported heads, cam, single plane intake, same stall, manual valve body, 3.91s, and drag radials. Not the best run of the night, 14.3 was, but i gained the time in the 60ft and it followed till the end.

th_Goodydrags_may192006f.gif

th_Goodydrags_may192006f.gif

halfaed said:

Took me about a month to ponder spending that much on a converter. From EVERYONE i've talked to it will be money well spent, I've yet to hear a unhappy customer. So I'm hoping it will do what i want and then some. :thumblef:

Don't even want to know what the density altitude is at the track here. I am sure it will make me want to be on oxygen.

66dartman said:
Don't even want to know what the density altitude is at the track here. I am sure it will make me want to be on oxygen.

If the info i found on your town is right. its 9:30 here in vegas, your d/a right now is 8578 feet :rambo:

Yeah a good converter isnt exactly cheap, but after kicking myself everyday for three years for cheaping out by buying KB pistons instead of forged, I refuse to let money be the factor in having a reliable, long lasting, powerful rig.

sefus said:
Yeah a good converter isnt exactly cheap, but after kicking myself everyday for three years for cheaping out by buying KB pistons instead of forged, I refuse to let money be the factor in having a reliable, long lasting, powerful rig.

I hear that when i put the bottom end of my motor together. Live n learn :thumblef:

GoodysGotaCuda said:
If the info i found on your town is right. its 9:30 here in vegas, your d/a right now is 8578 feet :rambo:
Cough cough choke!!! Where do you get the d/a info?

mines being delivered thursday.... i'll kep ya posted... just to put it into perspective, a fellow who runs in the quick 8 around here with a turbo on a small block chevy puts down 4 grand for a converter.... 650 donbt sound too bad anymore ? does it?

Got one in the boys Dart and we love it. It drives so nice just like a stock convertor thats just right with the MP .557 cam we have in his 400. But nail at the track and she flashes about 4200 and launches great. Very steady 60's of 1.61 and 1.62 every pass. I like it so much I have one sitting on my workbench ready to go in my 63. I paid $595. for each. Ron

154803899.jpg

383man said:
Got one in the boys Dart and we love it. It drives so nice just like a stock convertor thats just right with the MP .557 cam we have in his 400. But nail at the track and she flashes about 4200 and launches great. Very steady 60's of 1.61 and 1.62 every pass. I like it so much I have one sitting on my workbench ready to go in my 63. I paid $595. for each. Ron

154803899.jpg

Cool deal! Wish i could pull 60fts like that lol. Sean at Dynamic said it was a little extra to make the 904 converters. little more labor intensive. I just looked at my online bank account...they charged me for a converter TWICE :cussing: now i better call in the morning :wack:

I'm sure they'll fix it up for you. Best customer service I've seen since I started buying parts for my car three years ago.

Good to hear the positive review!

oh and Ron, do you have any before/after converter swap time slips? Or did it just start out with the Dynamic? thanx

I have an original Dynamic, when Frank was in New Haven CT, and 2 customers of mine run the 9 1/2 convertors. In fact, Sean just turned one around (lowering stall and tightening it up a lot) in under a week. Very nice guy, and the convertors just plain work. It was pricey tho. The original cost of the re-stalled one was $650, and the new pump shell and stall adjustment was $350 more, plus shipping...

just met sean last night - first class guy, we met so I could save on shipping.

it'll be a few weeks beofre I get timeslips, but I have all my original data, so i'll get back to this thread with results. best 60' time is 1.93 - best et 12.80 best mph is 108, but that was alot colder out then, when I ran the 80... usually in the summer it will be in the 12.90's

DJVCUDA, make sure you keep it corked up this time! :) That was a nice writeup on the street machine shootout, and it's too bad you couldn't have gotten a couple of more runs in before you hurt their ears with the open pipes. :burnout:

No data to compare Jr's Dart to. When we went with the 9.5 Dynamic we also took the 383 out and went to the 400. It had a Turbo Action 10" tight 3000 convertor behind the 383 and it ran 12.31 @ 110 but it was basically a stock 383 with the .484 cam and 452 heads with mild port work. It did a best 60 of 1.77 like that. Course now the 400 has 10.2 comp (383 had 9.6) and the .557 cam with stock Eddy heads. It is the same intake , carb , dist , gears and springs on the car now and best 60 with this combo is 1.61 on a 11.55 @ 116. I deal with Sean everytime I buy a convertor. He knows me as "Ron from Balt" and I have bought 3 convertors from him myself and my brother has bought a few also. They work perfect for me. Ron

OldVart said:
DJVCUDA, make sure you keep it corked up this time! :) That was a nice writeup on the street machine shootout, and it's too bad you couldn't have gotten a couple of more runs in before you hurt their ears with the open pipes. :burnout:

the weekend after the mag article went down, I went to atco, and was allowed to open it up for a 12.80 @108 run.... dont get me started with e-town.... what kinda racetrack dont let you run open headers~!>!!?!!?!@!@?

-
Back