anyone running a TKO 600 behind their hemi?

-

Hammer

Reaction score
I've decided on a transmission finally but I need additional information before I can purchase it. What input shaft do I need? What clutch, throw out bearing? Crossmember?? I know keisler sells a kit with everything, but I'm trying to avoid doing that as it doesnt fit in with the planned budget. Any pictures or info concerning a TKO 600 behind a hemi would be helpful.

I am going to, I bought the kit from Classicmopar5speed a while back. I am going to use a quicktime bellhousing, and the kit came with a pilot bearing for the TKO shaft. The trans is a stock TKO 600, so I have to cut the floor/crossmember to make it fit.

I went with this kit, because I was going to peice it together, but ended up getting the kit at a price that was cheaper than I could source all the parts.

I am actually getting close to mocking it up now that my new shop is almost done. (of coarse "close" in my terms is something like 6 months)

Why not just get the new TKO 6060 out of a wrecked Challenger and know everything will bolt right to it?

My only thought on the T6060 is that it is a hugh transmission. Try to find some pictures, I think that 6 speed will require some serious tunnel mods to get it to fit in.

Jeff

-
Back