Anyone running M/T ET streets

-

hypermite

Reaction score
I think I've got all the bugs worked out on my Duster (440,727,3.91s) & I'm shopping for some street legal tires that will work at the dragstrip. Are the ET street radials by M/T any good ? are there better choices? Thanks!

I'm running them on my Duster. They are ok. Mine is used mostly at the track now, and for the first couple runs when the track condition is still good, they work great. Throughout the day, they spin more and more. When I first got them, I planned on about half and half street/strip, which they would probably be good for.

Love my Hoosier drag radials. So for even cut my best 60' on them at track too with a 1.34 footbraking. :burnout:

Troy

Hoosier QTP on mine. Great hook at the track, but if you get caught in the rain on the street PULL OVER....DAMHIK.

I am running the ET Street Radials in 325/50-15 on my Savoy. They seem to be fine. My car is not the best one to evaluate how good a tire is on the street though, and I've never tried these on the strip (I have Hoosier QT Pros for that). They seem a bit "squishy" - but - my rear is narrowed and I run about 24 lbs of air in them.

I run ET street radials 275/60/15 at 18psi on the street in my 69 notch barracuda.
As someone else mentioned-treacherous in the wet.
I drag on Hoosier slicks so haven't raced on the ET streets but they are the grippiest thing I've had for the street.

I use them on my cuda. 275/60/15. Once I figured out the best tire pressure they worked great. 60 ft in the 1.50's. I found 18 to 21 psi works, any less and they spin.

Attachments

• 4][py63452JPG.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 326
I have run the 25/60R15 Mickey ET street radials on my car. For me, they turned out a better "all-time best" 60' over a larger Hoosier QTP, but were not as consistent and would often spin more as the day went on. I went to a hoosier stiffwall slick, and that is better and more consistent than either of the others.

They do drive on the street, and are nowhere near as perilous as a bias ET Street or QTP or ET Street in the rain (aka INSTANT DEATH), but they're not suitable for anything other than putting really (in my opinion) when its raining. I run them as my street tires, but if it might rain, the car is in the garage.

If your car is going to be much more of a street car than a strip car, I would recommend the BFG Drag Radials. They don't hook nearly as well at the track as the MT, but they will last a lot longer and are suitable for use in rain. You will want a tire in the "classic" tread pattern.

Good luck

Ok guys...I go through a set of "DRAG" radials every summer! As I actually drive my wreck as a daily driver and this is what I have foundout. If you plan on driving your car as a daily driver than most drag radials are out of the question because as soon as it rains you hydroplane. MT et streets, hoosier qtp etc are all useless in wet condition. The nitto 555 drag radial has the tread pattern and grip for wet conditions that I have found but you still have to be carefull with them if its raining hard. I run these when I am out driving daily and will do for most of the unexpected grudge matches that come up. But when I am serious about hooking on the street or strip I bolt on the MT et street ( NON RADIAL ) and they work good! If you do not drive in any wet weather then I would use the mickey thompson drag radial and at the strip just a light burn out to clean off the tires. If you do a big burn out they tend to spin out of the hole. Hoosier drag radials are good also and same rules apply for strip use. This is just my opinion from what I experinced from spending $800 every spring for the last 5 years as I am active in back street grudge matches and strip use. Check out the video of my dart testing the traction issue![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGN6R2VFUfA&feature=player_detailpage&list=UUdlhD9PxvN089Jp_viRAQ-w"]dart sport street racing a vette - YouTube[/ame]

Mickey's 275/50-15's Grab real good. Only use them at the strip.
Only once on the street. A real joy in wet weather. Yeah Ha!

Attachments

• Kaukauna may 2009 012.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 234
They are a real good tire for street use on DRY roads. Im posting pics of some cars that we built at High Horse Performance Carolina that ran them when it was raining and neither one of them was "hot rodding". The GTO I just drove up to Jacksonville, NC today to pic up and bring back to the shop.

Attachments

• 458180_3576919463660_1293301571_33466585_146756945_o.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 044.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 037.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 209
-
Back