Anyone tap the hole inside Intake to block EGR?

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Just curious? I’ve got a 79 thermoquad intake and need to block it off but was contemplating tapping the hole rather than the usual outside plate. Anyone done this or know why I shouldn’t do it this way?

Thanks,
Jake

That's been recommended in the mp books. I don't have a tap size.

How did it work? Also, there is some sort of exhaust port in the bottom that threaded, leave it alone?

Jake
Worked fine, I think I also put a small freeze plug on the egr pad as well. I need to have my brother take a pic of it . It's up in prather atop of some '67 only closed chamber 318 #234 heads er whatever those numbers are. Been a minute since I was up.

IDK, I would just cut up a thick metal plate and get a stock gasket. EZ job with the gasket in hand for a template. Perhaps a local machine shop has spare metal they can cut it up for you.
It’ll cost about a pair of good sandwich’s? 1 for the boss, 1 for the machinist?
LMAO

IDK, I would just cut up a thick metal plate and get a stock gasket. EZ job with the gasket in hand for a template. Perhaps a local machine shop has spare metal they can cut it up for you.
It’ll cost about a pair of good sandwich’s? 1 for the boss, 1 for the machinist?
LMAO
Think it took a cam plug , I have those in a drawer with tons of other freeze plugs...tap tap n done.

Think it took a cam plug , I have those in a drawer with tons of other freeze plugs...tap tap n done.
I went through my plugs and could t find one so i opted to cut a piece of steel and use a gasket. So far so good. Thanks for the help.

Jake

-
Back