Anyone use a Turbo action/ cheetah 70001B shifter at the drag strip?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
My Bracket car still has a 727, and i'm currently running a ratchet shifter. It's fairly easy to just hit the stick when the shift light comes on. i obviously can't run an electric shifter like on my glide cars.

How is shifting a shifter like this on a dedicated bracket car, where ten thousandths count? It's just a detent shifter i believe...so would this be inhibitive vs the ratchet shifter i have now? don't want to take the relatively simple process i have now of shifting when the light comes on, to fighting a detent and gate, just to have a more "race" style shifter.

thanks guys.

That is what I run with zero issues and it has been in the car for over 12 years.....

Attachments

• Interior Mag Pic.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 167
When you shift, you just click forward into the next detent position? no problem on 2 to 3?

I am running a reverse valve body, so my shift pattern is:

P-R-N-1-2-3.

I just put it in 1st, then click it down into 2nd, then the same for 3rd. No problems and very simple to operate.....

I have a T/A shifter in both of my race cars.
My son is one of the few still shifting twice in sea of powerglides.
Results, multiple championships & races won.

It doesn't seem to hamper him.

I have a T/A shifter in both of my race cars.
My son is one of the few still shifting twice in sea of powerglides.
Results, multiple championships & races won.

It doesn't seem to hamper him.

awesome! i was about 90% set i was picking it up, but just wanted to be sure the detent style shifting wasn't a pain vs the ratchet. especially still having a 727...with forward pattern taboot!

The only thing I'll warn you about is, don't rest your hand on the shifter when leaving.
There is no gate on the 1-2 shift.
My Son leaves with both hands on the wheel & then slaps the shifter into second.

-
Back