Anyone use Summit Headers?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I was thinking I might go with Summit headers since it seems they all suck anyway. Why spend the extra $79.00 on Hookers when they are no better then the Summits.

I was just wondering if anyone used them and how they worked out?

Thanks!

id ask them,for some reason i remember not going with them,i think it was they didnt fit my car with ps.

I used Summit on my 73 Duster 318 with power steering, they were a pain in the butt, had to remove power steering box and hit them with a hammer to get them to clear the box. still only got about 1/2" clearing

Well from what I can SEE at least they appear to be all the same. So if the Summit ones won't fit with power steering, none of them will!
Also my engine will be out of the car, so that should help as well. (I think??)

Poppabear... now that they are in, do they seem fine though?

If you buy 'em and hate them..I will take them off your hands cheap:-D:toothy10::toothy10::-D

I've installed the summit headers in 2 A bodys, 1 set fit great the other needed lots of bashing. The set that fit great went into a 73 318 car with spool mounts & P/S, cleared everything great, installed another set in a 72 340 car with biscuit mounts & P/S and 1 tube needed beat 1/2 shut to clear the steering box and the other side needed dimpled for the idler arm. I did the install a few years apart so I'm not sure if spool mounts locate the engine a little higher than biscuit mounts.

I think the Spool mounts do raise the engine alittle, i was going to install the summit brand, but after hearing this, seems like the only option is manual steering, or do all these cheaper headers fit this bad with PS?

I had Hedman headers installed at a local shop in my 318 Swinger 20 years ago, and flat-sided them on the way home. I will NEVER run under the center link headers on a street car again - they hang too low. They would have to be Doug's, TTI's, or stock manifolds.

i have the summits and a friend has the heddmans.. We like them

-
Back