Anyone use the Eastwood Dust collector 20027?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I do quite a bit of Media blasting in a Barrel Blaster cabinet and have been using a home made dust collection system I found on the internet. Uses a 5 gal bucket, a couple inches of water and a shop vac. I works fair if at all. I've been through 2 shop vacs and finally decided to buy a commercial dust collector. The dust in my shop was bad. So I pulled the trigger tonight on a Eastwood 20027 dust collection system. I'll let you know how it works when I get it in service.

I did the same thing Roy with shop vac, didn't last long lol. I bought this Pro-point dust collector from Princess Auto(same as your HF). I still get a little dust but works great. I think it was $100-150 CDN on sale.

20210306_002537.jpg

I do quite a bit of Media blasting in a Barrel Blaster cabinet and have been using a home made dust collection system I found on the internet. Uses a 5 gal bucket, a couple inches of water and a shop vac. I works fair if at all. I've been through 2 shop vacs and finally decided to buy a commercial dust collector. The dust in my shop was bad. So I pulled the trigger tonight on a Eastwood 20027 dust collection system. I'll let you know how it works when I get it in service.
I have used a water dust collection system similar to the one you mention for dust generated when sanding sheetrock mud. I use the TP Tools Vac-50 Hepa filter with my blasting cabinet. It isn't cheap, at $329, but your health is at stake. You do NOT want to breath in ANY dust coming from ANY blasting cabinet. It is quite deadly at any level. Your health isn't worth trying to save a few bucks.

-
Back