Anyone use the headman headers

-

chargerjoe68

Reaction score
I have a 71 duster and the headers are the headmans for a b body they fit good but I believe they are going to hit on the steering linkage on pass side which is weird I have ran these before and not had that problem anyone else run into this? Thanks

image.jpeg

I am very interested in this also. I have a buddy dropping a 440 into a 72 duster and he doesn't want to spent 800.00 on TTIs.

Neither did I! I have had them and they are a pain too. $900 vs. $175 and the same 1 3/4
Don't see the gain. I will post pics of mine later

You might have to use shims under the motor mounts to get the clearance you need.

Because they have to be dented up a lot .
It's a dent fest! A pain in the ***. I did the B body header in a A body car with a 400B engine. It works, but it is hard. Zero starter accessibly.
When that starter goes, you'll be crying!

Because they have to be dented up a lot .
It's a dent fest! A pain in the ***. I did the B body header in a A body car with a 400B engine. It works, but it is hard. Zero starter accessibly.
When that starter goes, you'll be crying!

I only had to put one or two small dents in my slightly used ($100) set. As noted, the Hedmans only work with a B (not RB) block, and manual steering box. No room for a column shift either. None of which was a problem for me, and saved a bunch of money by switching to Hedman :D

However, you're right that the (mini)starter is really trapped in there. We shall see...

hassle vs $$ - - an age old dilemma.. so what's it worth to have the right part that fits the first time...? only you can decide

-
Back