Anyone use this

-

6dart9

Reaction score
The Royal purple break in oil?

Just wondering before i purchase it.

I have the comp cams additive is that enough with just regular 5w30 oil?

I will be breaking in my 340 soon.

When I broke in my new motor last summer, my builder told me that either a break-in oil (I used Brad Penn) or a regular oil with the additive. One or the other is critical if using a flat tappet cam.

use the comp stuff, but i would save the money on the oil and use 15/40 diesel oil, it has high anti wear in it.

I wouldn't break in the engine with regular 5w-30 oil. I would definitely get something with high zinc content and all that stuff. Joe Gibbs also makes something, and some of the diesel oils fit the bill too.

Do you have to heat the Royal Purple oil before break in?

Steve

Dont use anything except for Brad Penn 30wt break in oil. There is nothing better. My engine builder has guys that run the break in oil for a whole season...I changed mine to Brad Penn 15w40 after 20 passes.

Break-in oil :-D just another way manufactuors get you to part with your money,just make sure the cam and lifters are lubed properly with the lube provided, as far as oil i prefer 15-40 and have NEVER lost a cam doing it this way,break-in oil thats funny..:-D:-D

IMO, good quality non-synthetic minimum 10W-30 with a bottle of GM EOS (engine oil suppliment, zinc) thrown in and put the boots to her.

Terry

my dads friend with the amx uses the 15/40 every build and his car is fine. goes 10.30's almost every weekend.

-
Back