Anyone use Voodoo 60403 cam?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
How do you like it?
Do you have a sound or video clip?
What springs did you use?

Thanks!

I ran that cam in my 416 when i first put it together,with the stock springs that came on my Edelbrocks great cam my duster ran a best of 11.29 with it..:cheers:

Sorry for door creak.Video was shot on warm december day last year after she had sat for a month LOL.

Oldschoolcuda

Is that clip posted on the "sounds" forum Theirs a sticky for exhaust sounds and video clips in on of the forums here. If not you should add it!

Im still not sold on the idea of a single spring. If they rec a dual theirs got to be a reason I would think, but I dont know.

How do you like it?
Do you have a sound or video clip?
What springs did you use?

Thanks!

I have had one in my 340 before it was even stocked by Summit. I love it.
When I first put it in the engine, I had a 727 with a 3000 rpm converter and rear 3.91 gears. The converter flash prevented any bogging when stomping the gas from an idle.
I now have a four speed. I've got to have the engine above 1500 when taking off from an idle or there is just a slight hint of a bog. But, it's not enough to for me to start trying to tune it out.
It idles easily at 750 rpm with 12" of vacuum.
I'm running the recommended dual springs with Crane ductile iron adjustable rockers.
Sorry, no sound clip.

That #403 sounds great. Thanks for the link. toolman

You could try a 926 comp spring, try and install it around 1.725. You'll probably need some +.050 retainers/locks. Should have similar seat pressure for that set up to the 995 spring which is what comp recommends for the smallest XE-HL and larger XE series cams. I'd run about 130-135 on the seat and maybe 315-320 open. If you run stock rockers, you're going to kill them more likely than not.

You're really better off getting the right spring

You might have to put a locator under the 926 spring and that may require machining, so I think you might be chasing your tail.

I tried to find some info on the 995 springs but could not does any body have any...I tried the web site but my old puter want even let me load the cam post I couldnt even see the mm cam had to use my bubby for that...

When I called Comp they did recommend 981-16

You guys don't think that still would be right though, huh??

Have that cam in my 340 powered 65 cuda. Used mopar performance spring #2806077 for up to .610 lift. Love this cam. Here's quick video of my car that will give you idea of sound of it. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4210261/11317793

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks Oldschool, that sounds freakin' great! I turned up my subwoofer here on the computer and cranked it up. :snakeman:

If you're leaning towards running a single spring, why not look into thier beehive style?

I went with what the builder that rebuilt & ported my head's recommended for springs which was schurbon engine & machine. IMHO do not take a chance with a single spring setup on anything with .500 or more lift. This cam is not outrageous but has a pretty agressive grind. Crackedback is right, you definately want adjustable rockers for this cam. I am also running rhoads lifters which fools the cam into slightly lower profile under 1500RPM.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back