anyone used the cheap-o chrome oil pans from ebay?

-

340duster340

Reaction score
i am doing a 360 swap and need a car oil pan, they are loads of cheap chrome pans on ebay for around 55 shipped, has anyone used these before?

i am tempted to think its junk, but its better than shelling out same price for a used pan that needs work for 3x for a name brand.

thoughts?

i was wondering this to,i was thinking of gettin one and put a heavy coat of apoxy primer and paint on one cause that el cheapo chrome doesnt last long here on the east coast.as long as they fit ok.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, i will get the cheapest one that comes with a baffle...that is one thing i noticed you have to look for because not all of the pans on ebay have the baffle.

If you want you Mopar to constanty make it's parking spot, buy those el cheepo chrome pans. In my youth, I thought all the chrome looked good and bought that type of stuff. My driveway and garage would be considered an EPA hazard in this day and age. Stick with the quality pans from the older pan builders. JMO.

Bill S.

Not trying to talk politics, but I would and do spend the extra $$ to buy a product made in the US or Canada

seriously? i bet more than 50% of the items you own were made overseas. i appreciate the sentiment though.

so has anyone actually used one of these pans? worst case i cough up a few more bucks and buy a milodon.

seriously? i bet more than 50% of the items you own were made overseas. i appreciate the sentiment though.

so has anyone actually used one of these pans? worst case i cough up a few more bucks and buy a milodon.

Yeah, I was having a moment after reading all the "occupy" stuff. I would in your case spend the extra and buy a Milodon pan compared to the cheapo one.

I just bought a jegs brand oil pan like 50 bucks. It looks good for the money haven't installed it yet. It's got that goldish finish

I tried to order one of Jegs six months ago,the backorder was three weeks.Didn't have the money for Milodon/Moroso,reused my old stocker.All the cheaper chrome pans leak(.02$).

The cheap chrome ones on ebay are junk, I bought one for a 360, the rails were not even straight/flush and the holes were not punched out good, total junk and waste of money.

I bought one of the chrome ebay ones once, but never attempted to mount it. I ended up selling it after it sat in my garage for about 8 years. It appeared to be decent, but I don't remember if it had baffles or not. I think I'm using the dipstick tube that came with it on my Duster.

bought one, leaked all over the place...just use a stocker

I have a stock car 360 oil pan coming out of my duster I will be selling since Im going to a different pan if anyone is interested, also will sell with new oil pan pick up as I will be getting a deeper one. No pictures right now, but was on car and does not leak!

IMO, I'd rather spend the money on an OEM one and not have to worry about pulling it back off cuz it leaked..etc,.....

the ol man used to tell us when were kids that dodge stood for Drips Oil,Drops Grease Everywhere,he must of had chrome pans on his lol

I bought one from a member here--not his fault--beware some pans do not clear some oil pumps. Google this, there is plenty of gripes out there

I ended up getting a "stock replacement" Milodan pan I think from Summit.

-
Back