Anyone useing a Hurst Quarter Stick with a bench seat?

-

onehellofadart

Reaction score
My 70 Swinger has a bench seat.I want too get a Hurst Quarter Stick. At the Super Nats. at E-Town I tried one out at a vendors booth. I liked the action, but found it short in height. I asked sales rep about the reach for this while driveing, he said "you'll have too lean forward a bit, but whats the difference it will be in drive most of the time :shock: ."I told him if it was going too be in drive most of the time why would i be interested in moveing my shifter from the column too the floor, and turned around and left. You think the would have a more knowledgable rep at a national event. Anyway you guys know with a modified drive train you get pushed back in the seat with the launch. How difficult is it too reach for this thing as you being pushed back in the seat at high rpms , looking for second, or third? Anyone useing one with a bench seat?

i have a hurst 3-speed shifter that i dropped to the floor and i have a bench seat and it works fine for me, although my car doesnt have too much power with the slant 6, it works though.

before i had my race seats i had it mounted up to run with my bench an i didnt like(pistol grip) my car is a full manual VB so i had to shift not fun when trying to get on it,so i got new seats an its back to just around hands length i love it an it fells like ill hav more control over what im doing not having to lean forward all the time!
Just my 2 cents
MIKE

-
Back