Anyone using a 9 1/4 rear?

-
funny thing the 9 1/4 was used in heavy duty 1/2 ton trucks since 1974 and have had little problems until they were put under dakotas, and durago's

i know they have used them for awhile but when i worked at a shop back home we had two or three 90's P/U's and durango's with broken pinions...

I have used 9.25s and have one now with 420,000 miles on it and it is hammered everyday, under a dakota..

The 9.25 like the D-60 some of them, have a issue with loosening nuts, and people not paying attention and keep driving them, otherwise they are fine.

I used a 9.25 in a duster and never broke it, but it also had the loosening pinion nut, but it never made a complaint with numerous 300 hits right off the light

805's exp. with a few broken parts under a stock ride should not be a deciding factor. That would be like trashing any other component under any car of any year. I have a 9-1/4 under my Magnum w/a 400 4bbl/727/3.55 that was driven daily for 8 years without an issue. The car weighs just under 4000 lbs. and a 45 year old that drives it like a teenager without restraint or care from time to time enjoying the ride in "spirted driving!"

Now with that said, don't over est. a rear strength!

805's exp. with a few broken parts under a stock ride should not be a deciding factor. That would be like trashing any other component under any car of any year. I have a 9-1/4 under my Magnum w/a 400 4bbl/727/3.55 that was driven daily for 8 years without an issue. The car weighs just under 4000 lbs. and a 45 year old that drives it like a teenager without restraint or care from time to time enjoying the ride in "spirted driving!"

Now with that said, don't over est. a rear strength!

i 100% agree with you rumble... i just thought i should throw it out there...

-
Back