Anyopne with Hooker Super Comp 5204's

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Has anyone installed as set of Super Comp Hooker 5204's. The ones where the front tube seperates? How is the fit and how easy to install?

I had a set but they wouldnt clear my Milodon pan. They also wont work with Power steering.

And as a side note, headman 1 5/8 headers also hit the milodon 8qt on the driver side.
You have to flat spot them about .090 to clear, with this pan there is no worry about oil getting beyond hot but doing so helps with sleeping at night.

I run those on my duster, you can change all 8 plugs in about 5 mins, i install mine from under neath by removing this center link from the steeing box and idler arm, and both outer tie rod end, this opens up underside and the headers bolt right in. Both #1 and #2 cylinder pipes are slip fits and install from the top. Its the easiet set of headers i every had, I also run a 727 trans, a moroso pan. The headers make very good power also.

have two sets on cars ...69 barracuda and 71 dart.

both have manual steering and i had to dimple the headers to fit next to the manual steering box on the dart..

I'm running them. I had to jack up the engine to get the driver side out. Once they are in they fit good. Easy to change plugs like previuosly mentioned. I dont have any steerging box issues, or any other rubbing/clearance issue either for that matter. Fitment seems to be good, getting them in/out is the PITA.

Wasn't even thinking about the pan clearance. I do have a Moroso deep pan so I'm glad I asked you guys before I spent the big bucks on the 5204's. I guess I'll try the Doug's . Everyone seems to like the fit according to the forums.

The moroso pan fits ok but ground clearance is not the best. The milodon pan with the kick out WILL NOT CLEAR the headers. I run the moroso pan with no problems, and i never had to dimple the headers around the steering box but i run the 73 and up spool type k member.

-
Back