Anything New?

-

/6 Matt

30 Degrees Crooked
Reaction score
Been away for about a year and half, any cool new slant parts hit market while I was gone? Maybe we finally got a cylinder head?

I know wishful thinking right?:D

Hey Del, great to see you again.

Currently I'm sitting on my butt in really poor health and docs can't figure out what's wrong with me. Before that I was really busy working on a career in business management and I was occupying my spare time working on a (gasp) '78 F150 that I fell in love with. I hate to say it but the Darts been parked with suspected frame damage from the accident I had last May. I really further regret to admit thag I kinda lost interest (its temporary right?) with the car when the warranty on the transmission went up and it overheated and began to slip horribly a month later. I really got tired of dumping my hard earned money into it and still having a car on its last leg. I was also getting tired of waiting for parts when I had breakdowns. It was just really too frustrating to have it as my soul daily driver. So yeah when I found the fram damage I parked it and sadly haven't gotten back to it

So yeah I bought a Ford (great idea right?#-o) but at least this one is a 3 spd.

BTW I don't know if you remember the Dart having its overcharging issues that was eating alternators like crazy but I took your advice and had wired in abrelay on the ignition circuit and I'm happy to say even though the voltage was still a little high, I didn't have any more failures. If I didn't thank you before I'm gonna say it now. Thanks for the sage advice.

Damn hard to hear about your health. I'm 67 and have gotten a LOT more lame, and lost a lot of energy. I wish I'd never torn my car down for paint. It's been two years, this fall, and I'm just finally getting "back" underway getting it together.

I did spring for some EQ heads from IMM, they should be here in a week or so.

Damn hard to hear about your health. I'm 67 and have gotten a LOT more lame, and lost a lot of energy. I wish I'd never torn my car down for paint. It's been two years, this fall, and I'm just finally getting "back" underway getting it together.

I did spring for some EQ heads from IMM, they should be here in a week or so.
Hey there's nothing wrong with slowing down. just don't stop.:burnout: I feel ya on reading the car apart, I wish I had got off my but and addressed the transmission and frame issues on the Dart before I got sick, at least if I had my Kayleigh could be driving me in it instead of her minivan lol! But in all seriousness you're one tough sson of a gun and I know you'll get your car back together one way or another.

I like old Fords. Any pics?

Yeah but they're on a flash drive. I'll try to find it and upload them tomorrow. She's nothin real special. Just a really beat up LWB F-150 with a tired 300 and a 3spd. But she does have a 9" rear that I didn't even notice till I got her home! She's been good to me though, the only major drama I had was when a bushing in the steering column disentigrated and locked up the shifter. I ended up figuring out the cheapest easiest fix would be a floor shift so that was the route I took. It was a shame, I enjoyed the column shifter, I only had one friend in my age range who knew what the heck it was.

Edit: Actually going back on it, there is one thing special. When I was on the hunt for a steering column or repair parts I found out that out of 1.2 million trucks made in 78 mine is one of about 2400 column shift trucks with power steering. Too bad it don't make it valuable lol!

I like old Fords too. Here's what I've been drivin everyday for about a year.

Attachments

• GLADYS N ME.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 215
It's good to hear from all yalls! I've thought a lot about my Fabo family. I should checked in more but I was a dork.:violent1: So does anybody know if the mopar bug will bite me again? I find myself thinking more and more about the car but honestly this is the first time I've ever become disinterested in mopars. This is unprecedented territory for me. Maybe I just need to get back wrenching again on the old girl.

Rob that's one super duper clean dentside. Mines an old farm truck and she really loves up to her name lol!

Thanks bomber, I'm hoping they can figure if out soon too. When i feel good enough I've been doing little side jobs with my brother on people's vehicles to supplement my savings and keep my bills paid and let me tell you every time I get out there and start to work I realize how horribly out of shape I've gotten. It's driving me nuts.

My friends 302 Econoline had a 3 on the tree in high school. My Dad told me about them but never seen one until that one. pretty cool. My Dad told me a story bout one, where a guy missed a shift and put his hand through his windshield (yeah, BS I know) but it made for a funny story.
Good luck on your health.

My friends 302 Econoline had a 3 on the tree in high school. My Dad told me about them but never seen one until that one. pretty cool. My Dad told me a story bout one, where a guy missed a shift and put his hand through his windshield (yeah, BS I know) but it made for a funny story.
Good luck on your health.

They can be an affordable alternative, to the overpriced muscle car fiasco. Still like a good Dodge/Ford /Chev short box pick up, slightly lowered ,mild mill under the bonnent..

Good to see you back Matt,We all go thru the "Mopar Blues". Inspiration will come back at some point.

-
Back