Are 74 Dart fenders year specific?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
My cousin just bought a 1974 Dart. He does not like the front end and wants to put an older style hood and grill in it. Are the fenders specific to the 73-76 body style? Or, can he put the hood and grill assembley from a 67-69 dart or 70-76 duster on the car and still have the fenders line up with same?
Thanks ahead of time.

if i remember correctly you have to put on the whole front clip off of the year you want, like fenders, hood, grille, bumper... correct me if i'm wrong guys

That's wat I have always thought, but I heard the 74 and up darts used a lot of left over parts from other cars. He is cheap and trying to get lucky with not having to buy fenders when he does the swap.

i think for all years you have to change everything, cause if you change the grille/bumper, then you have to change the hood and i'm pretty sure you have to change the fenders as well. but i'm not 100% positive

For the duster swap all you would have to do is the grille hood and bumpers... For the older darts I don't know but I am pretty sure they are the same.

And the 73+ dusters were the same front as the darts... Ugly. haha

Plymouth cars '67 - '76 pretty much use the same fender style. The side marker lights changed and so did some of the mounting bolt holes for grilles over the years but for the most part the fenders are the same looking. I have actually seen a '69 Valiant aluminum grill in a Duster and it looked really cool.

Dodge cars really changed a lot. '67 - '69 are basically the same looking. '70 - '72 are basically the same looking and then there is '73 -'76. The side marker lights changed over the years and so did the grilles a little. '73 - '76 Dart hoods are actually the same as '69 Barracudas.

If your buddy whats to put a pre '73 Dodge nose on his car it has to be the whole nose including fenders.

Plymouth cars you can get away with just changing bumpers, grilles and lower valance only.

Chuck

The 73-76 fenders are almost the same as the 67-69 fenders, the differences are in the headlight bucket area and where the headlight bezel attaches. With alittle fab work you can make a 67-69 grill/bezels work with 73-76 fenders. You will also need a 67-69 hood latch support. To use a plymouth hood and grill would require plymouth fenders.

To add to my previous post.. It helps if you don't care about year correct things like marker lights.. But since he wanted to change the hood and grille I assumed you didn't care.

-
Back