Are animals and bugs attracted to your bright Mopar ??

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
So I have noticed over the years after having my bright Dodge Viper race yellow Dart is that it seems to be a beacon for bugs and animals (birds really), but this time it has gone to far. I live at an apartment complex for college and these stupid finch birds have destroyed my sport mirrors on my car !! :angry2: I want to rip their little heads off. At first I would notice the birds would sit on the mirrors I didn't think to much of it, but once it became to late I realized the damage they have done. So since then I have placed a regular plastic sacks you get at the grocery store over the mirrors to keep them away.

The little birds have scuffed up both mirrors pretty bad and if light from a headlight shines on it at a certain angle it's bad visibility from it. Is there anyway to get scuff marks out of mirrors or do I have to replace them ?

Anyone else have problems with critters and such attracted to your bright Mopar ? haha

8wi6me.jpg

My boss is an avid bird watcher and she was telling me about some male birds will see their reflection in glass or mirrors and will attack the reflection until they kill themselves. Most birds are apparently territorial animals.

She was telling me that putting paper over the window will stop the bird from attacking the window and keep them from scuffing it. So the bag idea is the same idea.

We were talking about oriels at that time.

night time is the worst for me the bugs hoover to my sun fire yellow and like make love to it guy can have any color next to my car and they will be on mine only i HATE IT

i saw this really nice 70 super bee for sale... well there was at least ha;f of a hole hive on bee's on it... no chit!

i used to have a pic but its lost in the sands of time lol

There's a guy that brings his yellow 71 Super Bee to the local car shows and that car has always attracted bugs. Dusk is the worst time of the day for attracting the critters. In conversation with the owner the bug topic has come up more than once.

no, just frikin tree sap. And my car is on the other side of the driveway as the tree for exactly that reason.

my Demon seems to be a "bug magnet"

...especially at car shows

Attachments

• DSC00041.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 306
The blue bird and my door mirror. Scratched the glass.
His pecker must be diamond hard. lol

i have coons out here that like to get on my cars and fight ............im going to get them by the tail and hang them up and hit them with a stick .......its not so bad not that i have the cuda tho

At some points Lady bugs flock to my car during the year as do butterflies. As far as that stinkin' bird it has scratched the mirrors up and not by its beak, but seems as though the tips of it's wings, I suppose the sharp bone tip of it is what causes the scratches because they are really fine. I have noticed when I walk up to my car that the thing is sitting there flapping it's wings and pecking at itself. Can't see himself now with the bags over the mirrors haha.

Yep,bugs seem to love to land on mine plus they die there too for some unknown reason.

never noticed any birds, but bugs love my Scamp.

I had a '66 Mustang and painted it '77 Corvette yellow- about the brightest yellow there is. After washing it, I would open the hood to let the water run off. The front (top) edge would get absolutely black with noseeums.

I forgot all about this... I had a 72 340 lemon twist Demon and BEES seemed to be attracted to it. Always seemed like I was shooing them away.

OK guys and gals, here's a hint from a couple of our Inland Mopars club members with yellow cars: Pick up a can of Raid Yard Guard insect spray before your next car show. Spray the ground around your car and you'll seriously decrease the amount of bugs attracted to your car during the show.
They swear this works!!!

It wasnt a Mopar, but I had a Canary yellow Corvette that was a super-bug magnet. Bugs would flock from all over on a regular basis, but love-bug season in Florida was brutal. It also use to attract a lot of dragon-flies.

I dont remember it attracting any birds.............but it sure did attract the chickies! :)

Yes they thought it was a big sunflower and I'm in the process of changing the color

Had a 71 Road Runner that was Tor Red.

It was on the reddish side of orange during the day and looked more yellowish orange at night, especially under the street lights.

At night, it became a bug magnet.

OK guys and gals, here's a hint from a couple of our Inland Mopars club members with yellow cars: Pick up a can of Raid Yard Guard insect spray before your next car show. Spray the ground around your car and you'll seriously decrease the amount of bugs attracted to your car during the show.
They swear this works!!!
what do they say bout coons i cant shoot them i mite miss and hit the car

-
Back