Are Durango and Jeep Exhaust Manifolds the same?

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Are the Hemi Jeep and Durango exhaust manifolds the same, or does the Durango use the Ram manifolds?

Don't have a good answer for you other than the fact that the Jeep has the starter on the opposite side from the Dakota/Ram. I'm betting the Durango matches the Dakota and Jeep manifolds wont fit.

I have handled Jeep manifolds and know they are different than the Dakota, I just don't know what the Durango uses. The images online make me think the Durango and Dakota share the same manifolds, though.

There is a difference between Jeep Hemi manifolds and SRT8 manifolds though? I found a set of Jeep SRT manifolds for $125 but they look like standard manifolds. Just trying to figure out if they are worth buying or not. Here is a picture:
$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCob6BR-FN8JuWg~~60_12.JPG

Wow, my apologies. I've read your build thread and know you are doing a Hemi swap, I should have figured out you were talking about later model stuff. For some reason I read into your post that you were asking about Magnum manifolds.

Worse yet, I just realized this thread is in the New Hemi Swap section. I found it by searching for new posts and didn't even look at where it was at.

Thought I would help, sorry.

Not sure those are SRT8 manifolds. There is a thread here with pictures more like I remember the SRT8 one's looking like.

Here is another thread with a bunch of pictures. I think the first picture is of manifolds off a Charger or something, and the rest are Jeep manifolds. They look to be more of a tube header design compared to the castings you showed.

His ad does say 6.4, everything else I've been looking at says 6.1. I know the 6.4 heads have different exhaust ports, so it's possible that the manifold is different between the 6.1 and 6.4, and that they went from a tube construction to a cast construction.

BTW, found an ad on ebay that seems to indicate the Durango uses the same manifold as the Ram.

Link

We had an 05 Daytona Ram that had been hydrolocked come in. The ins company approved swapping an used engine in. The used engine came from an 05 Durango. One of the manifolds had to be swapped (drivers side if I remember), so no Durango manifolds are not the same as Ram. Sorry forgot to mention 5.7 hemi

Just by looking at them (always dangerous), they look similar to the 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram manifolds except that they are far more tubular.

The potential problem is where the collector is located, I BELIEVE (no proof) that the collector will hit the firewall of the car. I KNOW that the 2003-2008 5.7L Hemi manifolds off of a Dodge Ram will NOT work. The Dodge Ram collector points directly at the firewall with NO room to attach an exhaust pipe. The collector on these also appears to point directly to the rear of the motor, so I don't think they will work :(

Before I bought them I'd see what the return policy is, I'd hate to see you spend $125.00 on something that won't fit.

If you decide to pull the trigger, let us know if they fit. I plan on using TTI's headers but might use these to save $600.00.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I was hoping you would take a look at this thread. It says they take returns. I told him that I had changed my mind and offered to pay the ebay fees. I felt the same way, collectors too straight back.
Thanks for the info

Just by looking at them (always dangerous), they look similar to the 5.7L Hemi Dodge Ram manifolds except that they are far more tubular.

The potential problem is where the collector is located, I BELIEVE (no proof) that the collector will hit the firewall of the car. I KNOW that the 2003-2008 5.7L Hemi manifolds off of a Dodge Ram will NOT work. The Dodge Ram collector points directly at the firewall with NO room to attach an exhaust pipe. The collector on these also appears to point directly to the rear of the motor, so I don't think they will work :(

Before I bought them I'd see what the return policy is, I'd hate to see you spend $125.00 on something that won't fit.

If you decide to pull the trigger, let us know if they fit. I plan on using TTI's headers but might use these to save $600.00.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

They're def NOT 6.1 manifolds....the 6.1s have a more " molded" appearance with less definition between the tubes....

This is the best pic I have of mine before I removed them....

20121129_115729.jpg

-
Back