Are Speedmaster Heads Good? I've Heard a Lot of Bad Press on Edelbrock 340 Heads Lately

-
Over the years I’ve seen enough quality control problems with Edelbrocks and their unwillingness to make things right to never spend a dollar of my own on a set, recommend or sell them.
Everything from big open pockets in the head surface only showing as a pin hole to cracks ten inches long under the exhaust ports, tight giudes and junk valves.
I’m sure the chances of getting a good set are good but the Edelbrock heads were designed 30 years ago and the performance improvements over stock heads were decent but now even the china cast heads can give you twice the performance increase at half the price.

Any one got any pics or flow numbers on them or maybe price they are sounding better all the time

Any one got any pics or flow numbers on them or maybe price they are sounding better all the time
Everything I recall when I bought them was very similar to Edelbrock as they are really just a Chinese copy. Don't buy an assembled head, get castings only and have them assembled by a reputable shop with good hardware and valves.

Everything I recall when I bought them was very similar to Edelbrock as they are really just a Chinese copy. Don't buy an assembled head, get castings only and have them assembled by a reputable shop with good hardware and valves.

Do you know how many guys are running these heads with the valves and retainers these heads come with. They even come with 10 degree retainers and keepers not the cheap azz 7 degree stuff Edelbrock puts on their heads.

Everything you want to know about Speedmaster heads.

Ok it’s not copying right for me but look up top in the small block posting area and you will see a sticky post on Speedmaster heads.

IMG_4594.png

Do you know how many guys are running these heads with the valves and retainers these heads come with. They even come with 10 degree retainers and keepers not the cheap azz 7 degree stuff Edelbrock puts on their heads.
I am sure lots of them. I know when I bought mine there were stories of dropping valves etc. or tight guides like the Eddies. I am sure you could get by with just having a shop go through the head just like everything else.

-
Back