Are the old style forged TRW pistons still made?

-
I quit buying TRW many years ago after getting hung out on a bad oil pump....

They are now Sealed Power . You'll find L and LF part numbers if you search for SP pistons.
this, also Speed Pro also has some pistons that are dang near clones of the TRWs

I remember the trw - hemi pistons were heavy suckers , I`d look elsewhere.
yeah, i think they're 6 grams heavier than a factory piston if i recall right. For forged, that's heavy. I think the speed pro versions are slightly lighter

I bet I built a couple of hundred 340's with them heavy *** slugs, used to be about the only thing around that anyone could afford. Back then good pistons cost more than you could buy a whole Hemi car for so the choices were easy.

That particular part number is long discontinued, but i personally have a NOS set of brand new ones still in the box, .030, and they are for sale if anyone is interested.....

speed pro l2316f30 are still available, and they are as heavy as stock=no rebalancing needed

I just used a set in my build for my DD. Couldn't find anything else to get what I want am I am to old to argue with piston guys anymore.

There is NOS still out there just have to look.

the L2316f is the old trw number for the 1968-71 10.5:1 flat top with 2 valve reliefs and 1.840" comp distance forged, the old sealed power number for the exact same slug is L2332f. then there is the 1972-3 8.5:1 L2385f with 1.740"

Last edited:
they are heavy but tough as nails great piston for lots of boost .

the L2316f is the old trw number for the 1968-71 10.5:1 flat top with 2 valve reliefs and 1.840" comp distance forged, the old sealed power number for the exact same slug is L2322f. then there is the 1972-3 8.5:1 L2385f with 1.740"
I think you are wrong here, I have in my hand a set of NOS L2322 pistons, and they are a dome piston NOT the same as the 68-71 pistons.

replicaracer you are correct sir, I just corrected my post. the old L2322f trw was a dome of 11cc. the old speed pro version of the 10.5:1 flattop was L2332F

-
Back