Are these cam bolts in correct?

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello all
when I removed the control arms, this is how the cam bolts were installed, I am curious if they are in correct, or does the adjustment end go on the outside, and is the lobe supposed to face up or down

thank you
George Gerhard

SANY0945.jpg

SANY1239.jpg

On all the a-bodies I've ever worked on (20+) they are all like that. If I recall correctly, you can't (or at least it is very difficult) to get the bolts in from the opposite direction, kind of a one way only deal.

Hello all
when I removed the control arms, this is how the cam bolts were installed, I am curious if they are in correct, or does the adjustment end go on the outside, and is the lobe supposed to face up or down

thank you
George Gerhard

cant really tell in the pics, but from your question, i'm wondering if you have all the cam lobes installed. they go on both inside and outside. 2 fixed on the cam bolts and 2 under the nuts. otherwise install looks fine.

if thats right mines backwards. went to the service manual and they are backwards. thanks for this thread.

I just pulled mine apart to swap to disc from a 5th Ave and on to the Dart, the drivers side the nuts faced each other and the passengers side the nuts both faced outwards. So I would imagine that it is personal preference or ease of positioning. :dontknow:

-
Back