Are these hood scoops stock? Or even Mopar?

-

MarcD

Reaction score
Just bought this '63 Dart GT and am pretty skeptical about the originality of the two bolt-on hood scoops. The car had original (extremely greasy and stained) fiberglass insulation intact in place which I removed to assess the damage: the fasteners look pretty original so I'm puzzled.

Searching images for early Darts, I came up empty; I did see some reproduction scoops at Classic Industries that looked pretty similar for 1969-72 A & B body cars (Part #MM1853)...I'm wondering if that's what these are.

I REALLY don't like the look and will be removing them prior to starting body and paint work.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Attachments

• photo 21.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 254
  • photo 22.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 270
  • photo 23.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 245
They didn't have anything like that on early A bodies

Pulled them off and they look to be cast aluminum and pretty heavy duty for aftermarket;
I didn't see any corporate logo but there are part numbers and what appear to be "RT" and "LT" suffixes.

Not quite sure why I'm obsessing on these things other than I'm new to Mopar and have no idea what's valuable and what's junk!

Paint isn't pretty underneath, but the original color is intact and at least no big holes or rust!

Attachments

• photo 24.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 207
  • photo 26.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 198
  • photo 25.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 194
I think the scoops are from a 67 Buick Gran Sport

-
Back