Are Vin tags ( I already own the car) able to be reproduced?

-
No, VIN tags are not reproduced.

But depending on what state you're in, you can get the car registered again. In California they will issue a new ID number on a really ugly tag and rivet it to the frame, assuming you have appropriate documentation of ownership. The fender tag, old registration, and any partial VIN stamps will definitely help.

But that definitely changes state to state.

No, VIN tags are not reproduced.

Oh, they are. They look fake as counterfeits should.

The legal way is to apply for a state issued VIN.

State issued VIN - No big deal.

Counterfeit VIN - How long of a prison stay would you like?

Oh, they are. They look fake as counterfeits should.

The legal way is to apply for a state issued VIN.

State issued VIN - No big deal.

Counterfeit VIN - How long of a prison stay would you like?

I meant LEGALLY reproduced.

You can get anything done for the right price. But yeah, doesn't mean you won't end up in jail.

I think this varies by state. You do know that a 70 has other places on the body with the VIN or parts of it. IF THESE numbers match the title you have, you at least can prove ownership

I think a state issued "replacement" VIN will be different than original. That is a state tag with a state vin, of some number. This obviously destroys any collector value, but you already managed to do that

Also, does the car have the original engine block or trans? They would have had partial VIN which could have been matched to your original title.

Who's lying? Your just asking a question. Remember that story about the Mopar that showed up at the DMV and they confiscated it and put it in car jail for a month? All because it had screws holding on the fender tag...that were correct, used in 65! I think someone had to bring in an internet posting about the correct screws to the highway patrol to post its bail...just trying to save some problems.

Yes you can get a vin tag from datatags.com. The Feds are allowing this. You have to prove to your local law enforcement that the car is yours and is a legit car which you should be able to do. Then that law enforcement agency has to sent the paper work to datatags. Then you'll get a new vin tag. Know several people that has done this and is legal and legit.
The other option is a state issued vin tag which you still have to prove that the car is yours and legit.

Yes you can get a vin tag from datatags.com. The Feds are allowing this. You have to prove to your local law enforcement that the car is yours and is a legit car which you should be able to do. Then that law enforcement agency has to sent the paper work to datatags. Then you'll get a new vin tag. Know several people that has done this and is legal and legit.
The other option is a state issued vin tag which you still have to prove that the car is yours and legit.

Those are fender tags, I didn't see any VIN tags that go on the driver side dash under the windshield.

He does vin tags too. The guy lives 2 miles from me and has come over and bought parts from me. He has told me about all the hoops that he had to jump through with the federal government. The state of Colorado is one of the toughest states on car titles and they approve of this too.

I've also talked to the FBI agent that is the head of the western regional task force of auto theft and he said the they have approved of him doing this. You have to prove that you own the car and that the car is legit.

like they said, some states will issue an "ugly" tag thru the highway patrol.
truth be known, there have been rich people at BJ [ay stupid money for "rare" cars there with TOTALLY illegally reproduced dash vin tags.
do it legally and realize if you ever sell the car, it will more likely be heavily discounted by the buyer. just me....

Could be. Not all vin tags are on the dash. Earlier cars have then on the door jam. The people on here, FBBO and Moparts that know me know that I'm, as much as anyone on this planet, is very much against transferring a vin tag from one car to another and re-bodies. This is a legal way to put your car back on the road but you do have to jump through his hoops. If you have a bogies car it isn't going to happen.

I know in WV if you have a registration card in your name, The DMV will do a title search.
If it has not been registered to anybody else since you have owned it.
They will issue you a lost title for $10.00.
I had to do this will all my vehicles when the titles were burnt up in a house fire.

like they said, some states will issue an "ugly" tag thru the highway patrol.
truth be known, there have been rich people at BJ [ay stupid money for "rare" cars there with TOTALLY illegally reproduced dash vin tags.
do it legally and realize if you ever sell the car, it will more likely be heavily discounted by the buyer. just me....

If it is TOTALLY illegal then why are feds allowing this?

Just another example of people spouting off their ignorance without doing any real research on the matter. I've done real research talking to the guy doing the tags, talking to the state and talking to a head FBI agent.

No need for a **** storm, Kidd is as solid as any member on here, I will stake my name on it. Nothing shady going on here...

Find another thread to "contribute" to

Nobody was attacking Kidd; unlike the way you went after PoisonDart74.

This is exactly what PoisonDart74 meant by a sh** storm; in 2.5 hours this post blew up into two pages. This has already been covered on here with the same outcome every time; it always turns into a sh** storm.

Kidd, I wish you luck on this, but it all comes down to your state's laws, nobody else's. You might want to ask owners of local auto shops, ones that specialize in old cars, in your area if they have ever run into the same situation. That was how I found out about mechanics leans and it worked for me twice; I'm not recommending that for you as I don't believe that will solve your issue. Good luck.

Actually vin numbers fall under federal law, not state law and under federal law states are allowed to issue state vin numbers.

you better find the vin tag bro. i'm sure it's around in the pile.

maybe you stashed it in the car? trunk/ glove box?

So what part of the USA would the federal government not have jurisdiction in??????
They have jurisdiction in every state and US territory.

Galen Govier told me a few years ago that dash vin tags were reproduced.He did not do it himself but knew who did.I can't remember though who he said reproduced them.

Every car sold in the US has to have the vin tag on the dash under Federal law, not state law. How the car is licensed is under state law.
Transferring a vin from one car to another is against Federal law and no state can change that.

-
Back