Are we getting more for our money??

-
For me, less = more. Less complication=more fun.

I'll take manual steering, manual disc brakes and manual valvebody, over anything else. I will admit, that a/c is starting to become appealing as I get older, but I can live without it.

I tend to get nervous just thinking about taking a long trip in anything with an in tank fuel pump...

I'd go anywhere worry free, with or without a basic tool set, in something from the good old days.

My way is not best for everybody, I know, but is best for me.

As a guy always working on cars, I'm always getting cut and using band-aids. About a month ago I bought a new box and went to use one when I noticed the gauze on the band aid was 1/2 the size of the older ones I had. Older 1 had gauze edge to edge new one is half the width of the old one. Another way of cost cutting.

As a guy always working on cars, I'm always getting cut and using band-aids. About a month ago I bought a new box and went to use one when I noticed the gauze on the band aid was 1/2 the size of the older ones I had. Older 1 had gauze edge to edge new one is half the width of the old one. Another way of cost cutting.

At that point, you might as well use electrical tape. It has always worked for me.

I'll take manual steering, manual disc brakes and manual valvebody, over anything else. I will admit, that a/c is starting to become appealing as I get older, but I can live without it.

I tend to get nervous just thinking about taking a long trip in anything with an in tank fuel pump...

I'd go anywhere worry free, with or without a basic tool set, in something from the good old days.

I convert most of my old cars to manual steering.... Often I do manual brakes as well .. LOL... The more room around the engine, the happier I am :)
I do agree, AC is important to me, but not so much on my classics. Obstructs the view of a beautiful engine (even if it has peeled paint and grease!)

I built my Dart bumper to bumper, literally bolt by bolt inside and out.
We took it on a really long trip that was 17 hours one way.
I was a little nervous about it at first, but then realized I knew every part of the car and if it came down to it I could fix or replace anything over a weekend in a hotel room.

It does have power steering, power disc brakes all around, a nice Bluetooth capable stereo, overdrive, as well as navigation.
Just recently added AC.

I wouldn’t change a thing on my daily driver.
Everyone else in my family drives newer vehicles, and my car has rescued most of them at one point or another.

Also I might add.... Before I bought my '13 Ram, I was looking for the "tradesman" or a strip down model. Mine has manual windows, manual locks, no TV large screen (GPS/back up camera/etc) but we do have ice cold AC which I'm thankful for on this 95* day :)

Also I might add.... Before I bought my '13 Ram, I was looking for the "tradesman" or a strip down model. Mine has manual windows, manual locks, no TV large screen (GPS/back up camera/etc) but we do have ice cold AC which I'm thankful for on this 95* day :)
I had a 19 classic and it had crank windows, no key fob, you had to manually unlock the doors, and use a key for the ingition.
Single cab, SWB 4x4 6cyl, 8-speed auto, it actually got respectable gas mileage, I should have kept it.

I had a 19 classic and it had crank windows, no key fob, you had to manually unlock the doors, and use a key for the ingition.
Single cab, SWB 4x4 6cyl, 8-speed auto, it actually got respectable gas mileage, I should have kept it.
Mine doesn't have the key fob either, still has a key (I'm sure there is a chip in it though). 3.6 ZF 8 speed. Gas mileage is incredible. Mines a short bed, single cab, 2wd so it's about as light as a Ram gets in these years. It's got plenty of "git-up-n-go" ... lol

I built my Dart bumper to bumper, literally bolt by bolt inside and out.
We took it on a really long trip that was 17 hours one way.
I was a little nervous about it at first, but then realized I knew every part of the car and if it came down to it I could fix or replace anything over a weekend in a hotel room.

It does have power steering, power disc brakes all around, a nice Bluetooth capable stereo, overdrive, as well as navigation.
Just recently added AC.

I wouldn’t change a thing on my daily driver.
Everyone else in my family drives newer vehicles, and my car has rescued most of them at one point or another.
i'm of a similar mind. i built my car out end to end, leaving no bolt untouched and selecting parts on the merit of function and availability. it's just a hot 318 4bbl with a 727, 8.75 and 73~76 discs up front. i (likely) won't win any drag races, but it can do a burn out and it'll get a speeding ticket in any state.

i've driven that car across the states several times, to points north alaska where the road ends and to el arco in baja. from sea to shining sea, camping high in the mountains, across scorching deserts and driving midwestern rains; racking hours upon hours of open highway or tedious technical driving up the winding highway 1 of the coast.

thru all of that all i had was a milk crate with some spares-- carb, dist., plugs, wires, a waterpump, alternator, ECU & volt reguator, some gaskets, hoses and belts along with my tool box. and in 27 years it's only left me on the side of the road once.

i daily a 23 year old truck these days-- i mean, i can't be throwing rear ends and engine blocks into the back of a fastback anymore-- but i know that i could get in my barracuda tomorrow, hit the key and drive to new york without a second thought. and wouldn't hesitate to either.

Mine doesn't have the key fob either, still has a key (I'm sure there is a chip in it though). 3.6 ZF 8 speed. Gas mileage is incredible. Mines a short bed, single cab, 2wd so it's about as light as a Ram gets in these years. It's got plenty of "git-up-n-go" ... lol
Sounds like a keeper, you cannot even find a 2wd truck around here.

-
Back