Armrest install issue

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help, put the door panels on for the 69 dart and the drivers door armrest will not attached with the screws ....does not have a threated insert. From what I can see, it is just a round hole and the screw goes right through. The door was from a 70 or 71. Can anyone chime in if they have a clip on the 70 and up doors for the armrest. I thought they were all the same from 67 to 72 other then the exterior moldings. On my 69 it is a welded piece on a angle that the screws go into to secure the armrests. Any help would be great. Thanks

Through 67 , the shelf type bases with a thin pad on top, there was a special angled nut thingy placed in a rectangular opening in the door metal. 68 and later, the thick one piece pads, just a screw through the door metal. If the screw hole is stripped/ruined , I suppose that other type nut could be put there once you whittle in a opening for it.

I think that R/T Sales have the spring clips for the arm rest.

I think that R/T Sales have the spring clips for the arm rest.

Like Redfish said, the later years didn't have the spring clip screw nut, but just a hole.
I reached in behind the door panel and put a screw nut on the screws.
Kind of a PIA when you need to take them off but it works great.

Hope you guys can help, put the door panels on for the 69 dart and the drivers door armrest will not attached with the screws ....does not have a threated insert. From what I can see, it is just a round hole and the screw goes right through. The door was from a 70 or 71. Can anyone chime in if they have a clip on the 70 and up doors for the armrest. I thought they were all the same from 67 to 72 other then the exterior moldings. On my 69 it is a welded piece on a angle that the screws go into to secure the armrests. Any help would be great. Thanks

73 here with simple screw holes.
See if post 4 helps any.

If you're willing to try a nylon/plastic nutsert, those typical for license plates accept the same screw. You'll whittle in a smaller square opening. These are available most anywhere including Lowes. Worth a try.

-
Back