arp head bolts

-
Can you double-check the numbers? You may have misread a number.

Everything I've found including the ARP catalog shows:

144-3605 - 318-360 Magnum with factory heads or Edelbrock Magnum heads

145-3606 - 383-400-413-426-440 Wedge

It appears that the Indy/RHS heads, LA-X and MA-X, would take 144-3605 since they are based on the Magnum heads, just machined differently for both applications.

The pic that Summit has is not the "actual" part because it shows 3 different lengths and it should be 2.

Those bolts are not in the arp catalog yet, or online. You have to either call them or me or someone who know's what's going on.
They are shorter than the Magnum bolts, hence the new part #! I found that the arp kits that already existed let the bolts hang down far too much below the deck possibly allowing the bolt to bottom and that's not good!
ARP agreed with me after going over the column lengths of these RHS heads vs. others out there. Believe me, they would not have given a new part # out if they didn't need to.

Brian

i ordered my head bolts from a local speed shop and i believe theyre the wrong set. theyre too short does it matter that im using a different set of heads (indy rhs) .. part number on bolt set is 144-3602 on the box it says mopar "A" engine 273-360
my block is 91 which is LA correct???

I think you should try other head bolts that it fits to your car. :D

A-engine head bolt application is based on the cylinder heads, not the block.
The "shoulder" of the bolt holes vary in height between head designs.

Can you double-check the numbers? You may have misread a number.

Everything I've found including the ARP catalog shows:

144-3605 - 318-360 Magnum with factory heads or Edelbrock Magnum heads

145-3606 - 383-400-413-426-440 Wedge

It appears that the Indy/RHS heads, LA-X and MA-X, would take 144-3605 since they are based on the Magnum heads, just machined differently for both applications.

The pic that Summit has is not the "actual" part because it shows 3 different lengths and it should be 2.

144-3605 is correct

get the bolts and intake gaskest from him... he is in IDIO ca like 1hr and 1/2 from me. When I take the duster down here I want him to port my heads... Get the Crosswind airgap or the M1...prolly the crosswind like i have for the reason your mostly a street car and want that low end tq and have him port it too match the heads.... I should have bought the heads from him but went with MRL.

Yes, the intake gaskets are a necessity as I found. I am glad I had him send them along. The head bolts...I used a set of factory magnum bolts and they worked fine for me. This is on a 2000 magnum block with the rhs magnum head, so I dont know, there MIGHT be something different there. I understand they are based off the same casting and all, but if magnum bolts arent working for you guys and working for me, something is different. I couldnt tell ya. I also had to shim up my rockers to get the geometry right, so something was amiss. Not a problem at all, but something is just different.

-
Back