ARP mainstud kit for LA !!!!

-

NCmtnDWELLER

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Replicaracer43 - is putting a 360 together for me and he let me know today that ARP finally addressed the fasteners around oil pump area !!!
I guess all the older stock is used up these were purchased off of Amazon and drop shipped to his shop.

20240815_104039.jpg

20240815_104030.jpg

Yes, low profile bolts for the rear cap, so at least you dont have to run one factory bolt. It only took 20+ years of complaints for ARP to acknowledge and correct the kit.

This is the highly desirable early 360 block, (71 casting date) after his first block was found to be cracked in I believe 2 cylinders. This block had previously been rebuilt and ran, and I thought it would be interesting to see what happens with a torque plate for bore distortion, as apposed to without.

On this particular block, I measured the the bore diameter across the bore between the head bolts as it was with no torque plate, and after torquing the plate down with a cometic gasket, remeasured and it distorted the bore exactly .0008, so 2 tenths less than a full one thousandth out of round. 3 or 4 easy passes with the hone showed obvious shadowing where the ring seal wasn't consistent. Not all blocks move this much, I have seen a few where the plate made no measurable difference. You just never know unless you check.

This is the highly desirable early 360 block, (71 casting date) after his first block was found to be cracked in I believe 2 cylinders. This block had previously been rebuilt and ran, and I thought it would be interesting to see what happens with a torque plate for bore distortion, as apposed to without.
Was the block sonic tested? I've tested a few. Some were thick and some not.

Yes, it was pretty good thickness wise but I dont have the numbers in front of me at the moment. It was allready .030, but I was able to clean it up straight and round at .040

Is this p/n 140-5402? I wonder if they changed the stud kit with the windage tray provision.

Any idea of the part number is for the bolts. I have a set of studs and know the pump won't be able to be installed with the studs provided.
pics on my old phone are postage stamp size and do not enlarge are they used with a washer?

Here are the part numbers and the instructions. The kit DOES include 2 extra studs, and washers are optional on the rear bolts.

20240829_113025.jpg

20240829_113049.jpg

-
Back