Arrow Racing/Chrysler MP sale

-
Yup. I grabbed a hybrid.. 5.9L shortblock, W2Econo heads and stock intake for $2K. All these were simple dyno mules, so mines a complete minus carb, dist, and exh crate motor w/ the W2s. Built, run for some pulls to get some numbers, then stored. There are some killer deals if you look at the parts on some of these long blocks...

Must be "The end of the world sale." lol Some good prices there. I've noticed quite a few parts places lowering prices recently. I'm sure they're strapped for cash in this crappy economy. Good time to go bargain hunting.

Yup. I grabbed a hybrid.. 5.9L shortblock, W2Econo heads and stock intake for $2K. All these were simple dyno mules, so mines a complete minus carb, dist, and exh crate motor w/ the W2s. Built, run for some pulls to get some numbers, then stored. There are some killer deals if you look at the parts on some of these long blocks...

You got that, I'm jealous. I was looking at that motor thinking "man, wish I still had a job" Good luck with the new motor, enjoy the monster power those heads are capable of, I'm still jealous :-D

bought a set of injectors for my 94 dodge ram....64 bucks...

wig... I only realy need the shortblock because my plow truck is getting noisey. But I couldnt resist the heads...lol. I'm confident I can find something to use them on...lol.

Just an update... I wish I had more capital... got the engine and I'm more than satisfied. The heads are W2 Classics, oval port, D exh port. It's got sintered iron W2 rocker gear with the blocks, MP covers, and the Magnum shortblock with all new camshaft, lifters, and retaining stuff. It is brand new looking inside. Strangely enough, it had a dual plane Thermoquad style intake (not and MO part), modified to bolt to the W2s that use a wider bolt spread accros teh intake ports, and a 1/4" aluminum plate blocking the secondaries, and adapting a large cfm 2bbl carb pattern (like the Holley 2bbls) to it. It looks like it might have been a mule for a claimer series engine setup or something. I'm very curious what the lower end has. It looks like this is one of the Magnum crate engine lower ends. It does not have the std 360 special dampner.. It uses a plain neutral one.

That is some great deals!

I wished these deals was around when I built my motor. That's always how it goes!!

Theres another 360 there with the race w2s, complete with only dyno pulls, for $3500.

I dont plan to run it in it's present configuration. I pulled the intake and snooped a bit. They recommend all of them be disassembled and checked. I plan to do this because it's an MP crate shortblock and they are not up to what I like for quality. I am not sure if it will stay a 360 or not. The heads look good, and it's the hydraulic roller cam short. So I have a few options. I ended up buying a running 360 for my truck. So I can play with this one a little now.

-
Back