Asiana 777 pilots

-

65BCODA

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1011861_10152990512330084_1939444380_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 486
Whole news story here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo"]Asiana Pilots names from KTVU News - YouTube[/ame]

Sum Won Git Fired produced it...LOL!!

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who just retired from the Airbus!! Man, he picked apart that landing and gave me a lesson on how those big planes get landed! Yep, their failed effort pretty much matches their names listed above!!

Base on what I've heard, I see big problems here

I have a huge problem with PASSENGER jets being used as a training ground of this nature. It's one thing for one pilot to check another out to keep him up to date, and even though "the guy in training" seemed to be experienced, he was NOT experienced on 777, and the results speak for themselves.

Regardless of various computers, "cruise control" and gaping at the girls, somebody needs to fly the damned airplane, or in this case, LAND it.

Wow... Simply wow. I bet if someone put "My dixie wrecked" on the teleprompter, she'd read that one, too!

There's a book soon to be released about this called:

Landing a Plane

by Willie Makit and Betty Dont

Base on what I've heard, I see big problems here

I have a huge problem with PASSENGER jets being used as a training ground of this nature. It's one thing for one pilot to check another out to keep him up to date, and even though "the guy in training" seemed to be experienced, he was NOT experienced on 777, and the results speak for themselves.

Regardless of various computers, "cruise control" and gaping at the girls, somebody needs to fly the damned airplane, or in this case, LAND it.

I know this is the funny jokes thread but, I thought I'd make a comment.
He was inexperienced, but, there was a senior pilot next to him with 3,000hrs+ in the 777. Senior pilots bringing up "junior" pilots while "flying the line" has been around every since two people were required to sit up front. This is how any airline lives and grows. To expect all the pilots in a particular aircraft to have say a 1000 hours min. ( or whatever large number ) in type before flying a passenger is just not practical nor is it a necessary. Time in type aircraft is not the issue here. Pilots are not pilots anymore, they are systems managers. One of the basic rules of flying is: Maintain thy airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee. You are correct: "someone should fly the airplane"Just a little thought for a different perspective.

Yes, I am a pilot.
(iScamp's brother, FBBO member J5 GTX, and ForTrucksonly member)
I'll be glad to discuss this further on FBBO. Not trying to pick a fight and your certainly welcome to keep your opinion.

There in such a rush to be the first to get out the news and it bit them hard.

Darryl

-
Back