asked to build a new yorker for T.V.

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
was asked to install a new motor and trans in a 64 new yorker, for a t.v. show. they dont want to give us any info untill we agree to do it. i have never done a c body before. is there anything special i should be aware of before i agree to do this?
aperently the dummys dont know anything about mopar so they gunna have us do motor n trans then do the rest on t.v. lol.
we dont get any air time but they offered us to come up with a price and they would pay, just off seeing my dart at the shop. i am the only mopar guy at the shop so they all counting on me.

what do you guys think? should i go for it?

was asked to install a new motor and trans in a 64 new yorker, for a t.v. show. they dont want to give us any info untill we agree to do it. i have never done a c body before. is there anything special i should be aware of before i agree to do this?
aperently the dummys dont know anything about mopar so they gunna have us do motor n trans then do the rest on t.v. lol.
we dont get any air time but they offered us to come up with a price and they would pay, just off seeing my dart at the shop. i am the only mopar guy at the shop so they all counting on me.

Sounds cool to me, sure you can handle it, but read the fine print really close.....

x2.

It's just like any other mopar of the era. Does it have the push button trans?

I would think so, but havent seen the car yet. maybee i'll go mess with one in the junk yard to freshen up.

I have one....yeah, it'll have the pushbutton trans. Only the Letter cars had a console shifter. The motor mounts might be a challenge if you need replacments....I don't think anyone repops 'em. Imperial Services will rebuild your core, but be ready to wait a while. I actually bought my New yorker as a parts source for my '64 300 non letter since all I ever got from the parts monkeys was the deer in the headlights look. Cool Cars but you really gotta love 'em because they're not worth much even restored (with a few exceptions, like a letter car or one with crossrams etc). I advertised mine for sale and got a few bites...I wonder if it was those TV guys or somebody they hired to find one.

You can do it, read the contract, have a lawyer
review it for hooks and liabilities.
Ask for final specs on the build and their budget,
you can negotiate terms and liabilty but make
sure they have the money to pay you by putting
money up front in a fund/account/esgrow.

Why wouldn't you?

My 66 Monaco 500 had a console shifter so not only Letter cars have them. C bodies are straight forward. Nice and roomy to work in, still miss my Monaco but the metal was too gone for me to restore, shallow pockets.

-
Back