Aspen cowl hood?

-

quartermilepass

Reaction score
Friend has a 1978 aspen super coupe. Looking for a fiberglass cowl hood 2 or 4 inch who sells them please tell me website

you will probably do good to find a stock looking fiberglass hood for that car. most any of the companies that make a glass hood will do a cowl hood. they will just graft a cowl scoop to a stock flat hood.

oh and almost foregot. tell him to be ready for the mopar gods to bash him for putting a so called GM scoop on his car. lol

I went through this with my '65 Dart so I spent a few minutes searching.
Man........good luck.
Try a " wanted " classified ad here , Moparts and racingjunk would be my next step.
I went through Showcars in Toronto .....if he hasn't been shut down yet , he probably lists on for your car.
If you can wait 18 + months for it to ship , that might be one avenue......but the quality is poor at best.
I found a used A&A that was a great piece.....not cheap but worth it.
You will eventually find one , but it will take patience.

Is the super coupes hood different than a rugular aspen?
Because these guys have stock fiberglass and 6 pack hoods.
They could probably work with you to make what you want.

http://www.usbody.com/

Stay away from Showcars like Tubtar said...that crook is located local to me and is exactly that, a crook.

I would call one of the glass companies like AAR, Glastek, VFN, etc. and have them graft a cowl scoop to a flat hood...Probably looking at upwards of $600 but its worth it

There is a link on the usbody site below the hood listing where you can add a scoop for around 50.00 I guess that would be the way to go. They claim 90 degree lip on sides which will make the hood a lot more rigid.......and it uses stock hinges and latch.
I didn't see a price for the hood , but I'd sure call them and ask about it.

-
Back