aspen rear

-

Ricksdust

70 Duster
Reaction score
I was wondering if a aspen rear will fit in my 70 duster? Would it be worth it? i have the 7 1/4 now. Thank you

F-body rears are the same width as a '68-'70 B-body 8 3/4", which means that it will be about 2 or 3 inches (if I remember correctly) wider than your A-body rear. Spring pads will need to be relocated. Just follow the chart in the link in the post above.

Works well on my duster. Move spring pads measure and shorten drivesaft.

My duster 7.1/4 looked too narrow anyway, much better look whit f body rear

Double check it. FJM s with small 8s still used 7.25 rears. They were just in the center of 3" tube!!!! (at least that what was in my standard 84 5th ave). spring perches are different. I think they are wider......

The 8.25" F body rear axles are 54.34" flange-to-flange, and the perches are 44.5" C-C.

So, that's wider than the A body 8 3/4's which are 52.625" flange-to-flange and have the perches at 43" C-C.

That said, a wider rear axle works well in the Dusters/Dart Sports/Demons. I have a B body 8 3/4" in my car, and its 54.9375" flange-to-flange. Works great, you just have to move the perches and have the driveshaft shortened to fit the 8.25. I think it would be worth the upgrade if you're running anything other than a /6.

-
Back