Assassin bars

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
16428909604636567085189917559668.jpg
I just wanted to share a pic of the Smith race craft Assassin bars.
On the Calvert split monoleafs.
In my opinion these bars are very good quality, obviously I've not used them yet but was recommended these and I would not have to buy a special more expensive model from Calvert to use them in the 3 inch inboard spring mount boxes .

Last edited:
Is the lower shock mount on the front side of the shock plate? Also, how long is the threaded stud on those heims? The rear one looks like it's backed off quite a way. Maybe once it's got weight on the springs, it'll be threaded up a little more?

Is the lower shock mount on the front side of the shock plate? Also, how long is the threaded stud on those heims? The rear one looks like it's backed off quite a way. Maybe once it's got weight on the springs, it'll be threaded up a little more?
I believe it's 2 inches long, I just quickly put them together, there are mounts on the front & back, plus a tie down.

Did you drill the hole yet???
No not yet, I want to get it all mocked up 1st then I'll mark the hole, I'm going to strip & repaint those leaf springs, looks like they were dipped & drip dried. Details matter ya know

Did you drill the hole yet???
Does it make sense to you what I'm seeing, having that bar push up on the spring eye it sort of works as a ladder bar lifting as well as pushing down on spring to plant the tires ?

Does it make sense to you what I'm seeing, having that bar push up on the spring eye it sort of works as a ladder bar lifting as well as pushing down on spring to plant the tires ?

Yes. And since is a rocker arm of sorts, you can change not only the angle of the bars, you are able to change how hard the bar hits with that too.

Yes. And since is a rocker arm of sorts, you can change not only the angle of the bars, you are able to change how hard the bar hits with that too.
Cool, what do you think for foot brake, set it on hard and let er rip ?

Looks like good stuff. Stupid question. What keeps the from bracket the rocker mounts on in place? Does that have something to do with the hole yall are talkin about drillin?

Looks like good stuff. Stupid question. What keeps the from bracket the rocker mounts on in place? Does that have something to do with the hole yall are talkin about drillin?
Yes, I think it's a 5/16 hole and a grade 8 bolt with lock nut.

Do the Assassin bars have an advantage over the Calverts?

They are far more adjustable. I need to lay out all the holes and plot them so I can see what they look like, but the fact that it has that rocker up front is a pretty big deal. Not only can you easily change the angle of the bars (big deal) you can literally change the ratio that rocker exerts as the bar is pushing on it.

Do the Assassin bars have an advantage over the Calverts?
Yes, much more adjustable & I believe the part underneath that contacts the lower part of the spring eye acts as a ladder bar kinda causing lift & at the same time pushing down on the leaf spring like caltracs. Caltrac has 1 bar that goes across the top of the spring. In addition to the assassin bars & Calvert split monoleafs I have Calvert sliders to finish it off. @ Rat Bastid can fill us in with the finer big word details

Not stupid, good question !

Not an A body, but mine is mini-tubbed with Caltracs with -1" split mono leafs moved 3" inboard.

123_1(2) (1).jpeg

20210915_171016.jpg

They are far more adjustable. I need to lay out all the holes and plot them so I can see what they look like, but the fact that it has that rocker up front is a pretty big deal. Not only can you easily change the angle of the bars (big deal) you can literally change the ratio that rocker exerts as the bar is pushing on it.
So then, that might be a good choice for something like a slant 6 that's lower on torque than a V8. I could adjust to put more leverage with the amount of torque I have.

Well that is the thing with the Assassin's. More adjustability.
The Calverts are fine. The Assassin's are a little better because of that adjustability.

I have a Calvert bar set up that came with a buy it all or nothing deal. I’ll use them without issue. They’ll be good.

Oh, like RB said, there like an adjustable ratio rocker arm.
Seriously, how can you beat that?

So then, that might be a good choice for something like a slant 6 that's lower on torque than a V8. I could adjust to put more leverage with the amount of torque I have.
Shoot, an adjustable pinion snubber will work on a slant 6 car.

-
Back