Assembly pics

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
I put almost everything back on, knocked out the old wheel studs, and put in the oversized ones from Mancini to mount my new wheels and tires. I have 30x13.50's M/T on the rears, and man do they fill out. All that hard work mini tubbing it early on is paying off!!! I still have some room to spare in there too. I am rewiring the car now with a Ron Francis kit and ran into a hitch with the MSD ignition, can't get spark. So I need to troubleshoot some more stuff but I'm about 90% sure my distributor isn't compatable with the MSD box? I have juice to the box but not at the coil. I'm not sure what dist it is, looks stock too me, it worked fine when I parked it but that was when it was firing off of the stock ignition system, so who knows. It's not a points system and is electronic and the ground is good and I triple checked the wiring which is pretty basic. The other thing is I'm running super stock springs in the rear and I'd like to see the *** end lower than where it currently is, any suggestions on how to achieve this? I was thinking about some lowering blocks or removing some sections of the leafs.

final1.JPG

final2.JPG

final4.JPG

I am not mechanically advanced enough to help you out, bt it looks great. I agree with trying to get the rear down a bit, but nice looking car.

andy

I am unsure of whether this trik is feasible (rear suspensions are basicly the same) in an A body but I know there have been a few who have flipped the front spring brackets and swapped them side to side to side I think and that drops the rear end. Do not remove any leafs nor do you want to use blocks to lower it if you intend to drag race it, you'll defeat the whole purpose of all the work you have done to this point, blocks tend to promote spring wrap and removing leaves will also have a similar effect also will soften the back to much. I will keep my eyes peeled for that article that I had read that about the front brackets, but as it is I just can't recall where I read it, I just remember that it was about an old B body, I think it was in an old Mopar mag back in the 90's.

That machine is looking MEAN! I'm with krabysniper on the rear end mods. Be careful of lowering blocks, and don't ruin your SS springs by removing leafs. Are your springs brand new or have you had them on there for a while? If they're new, they may settle a little, but probably not enough to get you *** out of the clouds. :)

Naaaaaaa, Looks good. Rear springs also tend to settle sometimes. I'm not sure if the fron spring hanger trick will work. (Swap and flip) The studs are spaced differently on my B & E bodys.
Though I'm not crazy about saying a new front spring hanger purchase with 2 mounting locations is a good idea, but it would do the trick on lowering the front.
Be careful of pinion angle when you start to do stuff like this. You'll end up with a vibration because the pinion is facing downward when you move the front of the spring downward.

Regardless he added SS springs so you'll probably have to re-set the pinion angle. I'd buy the hangers from Mancini and use the 1" drop hole and set the pinion angle. you get the motor in and the front will drop and the *** will look even higher in the air. I'm gonna be in the same boat when I get my skinnies up front and drop the T-bars.....gonna have to have the springs de-arched a bit. I am running stock springs so that isn't a problem for me. Car looks sweet by the way.......not bad decorations on the lift post either :thumblef:

Thanks for the input. I can't really do the flip the front spring hangers because I don't use them. I mini-tubbed it and I moved the springs into the frame rails with the relocation kit. I did drill holes exactly 1" above and below the current front spring mounting location for a small adjustment. The springs have been on the car for awhile and won't settle anymore than where there at. I am thinking of getting some arch taken out of them just to sit it down some or replacing them with mono-leafs. Anyone running mono-leafs? If so do I need to put links on the front like cal tracs with that kind of a setup?

Mono-leave with a set of Cal-tracs would be a great addition. With Calverts split leaf style set up you can get different ride heights with only chanign the rear portion of the spring. I know they have stock, 1" higher and 1" lower ride height springs.

thank you btw, sorry I haven't been on in a bit been working to pay for more parts.

hey..bud i was wondering what size wheel ur using.. im fixin to mini tub my 73 swinger with the cal-trac inboard spring kit too.. let me know if your tires rub..

-
Back