At what point do you want to add subframe connectors?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
After adding my 360... I'm starting to question at what point sub frame connectors are needed?

300+hp? 400+hp??

Thanks!

from factory lol. they will help anytime with handeling. idk how much torque the frame can take before it twists tho

I say drop a good pair in now!.

They make a huge difference in the feel of your car, you never notice how much flex is in your chassis until you have driven it without flex.

Also another good upgrade that looks good from the side and looks good when your brake tourqing and will help you hook up and go is a good set of traction bars!.

What brand would you suggest? I'd be bolting them in, since I don't have a welder, or have any idea how to weld.

http://www.uscartool.com/Aframeconn/index.html

These are what used on the wifes Duster

epoxy.jpg

Lakewood use to make awesome chassis parts but I am not sure if they are still around or not? seems like I heard they closed up shop.

Anyhow, you can get a set of cheap ones from ebay or you can get some summit brand ones pretty cheap also.

Just do your research and find what a good brand is and peoples experience with that brand and any issues and find the right deal for you.

Good luck!

My car has them and it the best thing I've ever done. I also went ahead added new front and rear sway bars as well. Like speedthrill says, you need to weld them in. Bolting them will not work.

you can make your own and have someone weld them in and it wouls probably be cheaper then buying a set. the bolt in ones arent solid so they aent much upgrade. with a weld the connector becomes part of the subframe and works a hundred times better

if youre gonna get some weld ins let me know, i got a set for sale in the classified section. make me a reasonable offer and they are yours!

I have them in mine and like others have said, the difference was dramatic. The whole car is stiffer and handles much nicer. Also one of the main reasonson you want them is to protect you quater panels from buckling.

-
Back